Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 base auto
~7.5k miles
~7-8 months
boner stock (unfortunately)

Observation/Issue:
Front driver side noise+steering feel of metal-metal sound when the front driver suspension is being compressed. Example: going through a parking lot hump/bump strip. When the wheel goes on the strip - everything's normal, from the top of the strip to the pavement, when the front dips, I hear metal-metal sound and sometimes even feel it on the steering wheel.

Helfman Ford (dealership where I bought it from) stated that there's an article about the bushing but ordered the LCA and bushing. Took a day and it was back in my hands.

Everything seems fine until tonight - after ~ 300 miles when I hear and sometimes feel a "click" in the same front drive whee/suspension area while slowing down to a stop ~20mph and dropping.

I will return the car to the dealership to get it diagnosed again. Unfortunately, the Helfman Ford is 20 mins down the road. I wonder if I could take it to a closer Ford dealership (Legacy Ford) and have them take a look. Since this is warranty work, shouldn't the closer dealership be able to help me too?

Inputs appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I believe there is a tsb about this...Dealer should replace both lower control arms along with all new bolts and nuts..I did this same tsb 2 days ago on a 2010.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean both left AND right? or both LCA AND nuts and bolts?

It does seem like nuts and bolts are new.

Where in SW TX are you 07mustang93?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Ford part 3079 for the fix.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

I just noticed, when pulling into my driveway at regular pulling-into-the-driveway speeds that there is a knock sound (like something's not bolted in tight) upon hitting the curb/ramp into the driveway.

Mom had bought the warranty that covers car rentals (up to 30$ or so a day). Will I be able to avail of this at any Ford dealership for warranty work? Or do I have to go to the dealership that sold me the vehicle in order to get a free car rental?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Any dealership will fix, if rentals are available it should be covered as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took me a while to update. Initially, they only replaced the passenger side LCA. 2 weeks later, I hear a thump whenever I slow down to a stop - about 10mph going to 5mph or so. I took it to a dealership closer to my place and they diagnosed the thump to be the tranny "hard shifting" to 1st. They also replaced the driver side LCA.

Since then, the tranny thump has gone (reset the tranny memory). But every so often I still hear the original LCA problem. I guess I didnt buy a 'stang for it to be quiet anyway.

I hate my strong hearing.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I would be more worried if the little
Noises went away.

·
Registered
935 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Took me a while to update. Initially, they only replaced the passenger side LCA. 2 weeks later, I hear a thump whenever I slow down to a stop - about 10mph going to 5mph or so. I took it to a dealership closer to my place and they diagnosed the thump to be the tranny "hard shifting" to 1st. They also replaced the driver side LCA.
Since then, the tranny thump has gone (reset the tranny memory). But every so often I still hear the original LCA problem. I guess I didnt buy a 'stang for it to be quiet anyway.
I hate my strong hearing.
I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area, Ares. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha

·
Registered
63 Posts
You aren't the only with this issue. I've had this issue inspected at a dealership back home and they attempted to fix it three times already back last summer... Replacing the LCA's once. It was only a temporary fix.. The noise came the next day. It's still doing it till this day, so I try to avoid harsh roads and speed bumps.

·
Banned
950 Posts
when i took mine in for warrenty work ford gave me a loaner car it was a cute little focus:p

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mustangs have been sqeaky noisy beasts since there inception..Billbert:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

F

·
0 Posts
You aren't the only with this issue. I've had this issue inspected at a dealership back home and they attempted to fix it three times already back last summer... Replacing the LCA's once. It was only a temporary fix.. The noise came the next day. It's still doing it till this day, so I try to avoid harsh roads and speed bumps.
I can escalate this for you as well, TheDarkKnight. Please make another appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealer, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts