Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Mine has a black roof and cools very well. I always use recirc but soon need to turn down the fan or it'll get too cold on a 100* day.

You can thank Dupont on R12 to R134a because there patent ran out in 1994. Since they had pull in Gov forced us all to use R134a guess what they have patent on it too. The good old ozone scare CFC eating it wow since it's heavier than air how can it. Oh that worlds oceans put out more CFC in 1yr than mankind has made. If we dumped all the CFC man has made at once worlds oceans still beat us.....R134a is by far more harmful to our air than R12 ever was R134a is lighter than air so it does go up into the atmosphere.
Wow, so much BS wrong here im not sure where to start. Take off the tin foil hat and listen a moment.

1) Dupont didn't have a patent for Dichlorodifluoromethane (R12). There are some abiguous patents for various cooling compounds, but they all were expired by 1950. Infact, there were atleast 4 major companies I can think of off the top of my head that produced R12.

2) Yes, Dichlorodifluoromethane is heavier than air, but once broken down the atomic chlorine is released and it does a job on ozone.

3) atomic chlorine is not released from R134A as it does not contain any.

4) feel free explain to me how CFC's can occour in nature. Must be some squirrel chemists running around that figured out how to isolate these compounds before we did...

Chemistry FTW

I've discovered that you pretty much have to keep it on max ac all the time for it to run the coolest.

I find it strange that when you turn it off max ac, despite not touching the temperature knob, there is a noticable increase in the temperature of the air coming out of the vents...

So as of now, except in the mornings at 6:30 on the way to work when it's a merciful 80*F, I'm running it on max ac all the time and just dropping the fan level down as it cools down and eventually just drop it to the lowest setting and it's perfectly comfortable.

Doesn't cool the car NEARLY as quickly as my volvo's AC does but... what can you do?

After using mine a few times I noticed it cooled better. I have the dual climate control and also found that taking it off of dual worked better.

Still not the greatest AC I have owned but so far so good.

After using mine a few times I noticed it cooled better. I have the dual climate control and also found that taking it off of dual worked better.

Still not the greatest AC I have owned but so far so good.
I have black top & charcoal int.. Will freeze your a__ out on 72 @ 100 outside. Y'all need to get yours checked. Every Ford I've ever had did & that's been a bunch.

Mine didn't work very well for about 3-4k miles. I have 6500 on it now and it works like a champ. Seems to get colder every time I run it.

You need to take your car in if it seems its not getting cold enough. Temps need to be accurately checked with digital thermometers and the systen needs to be tested with proper equipment. These cars have an excellent A/C system and if yours appears to be not getting cold the chances are you might have an issue.

By the way, I wont bore anyone with why I know this as fact but, FREON unlike Qtip or Bandaid, common misconception, is NOT a brand name but is a registered trademark. Others can and do use the term FREON for thier products, but pay a royalty to use the term.

Freon - The History of Freon

inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blfreon.htm - CachedSimilar
Freon is the registered trademark for several different chlorofluorocarbons or CFCs - trademarked by Dupont

Google for a dictionary, whats this country coming to!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.