Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the stock headunit and speakers on my 2012 GT and have learned a few things:
  1. I installed the Boss steering wheel to get rid of the plastic one that comes with the base model. When I installed the new Pioneer 2400BT with the PAC interface the controls on the steering wheel all worked. No dealer programming required.
  2. Since I didn't have the pre-installed Sirius antenna on the back hood I put the antenna under the carpet on the back deck. There is a brace that the antenna fits perfectly in to. Totally hidden and great reception.
  3. I then had the car tinted and lost reception on Sirius. It turns out the tint had a metallic layer that interferes with the signal. I had the tint lady remove the stuff from the rear window and replace it with a ceramic base tint. Works perfectly now.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thats interesting that the boss steerling wheel buttons work on your head unit. I have a base too and I was looking into a new steering wheel/head unit eventually. Where'd you pick up that head unit from?

·
Registered
277 Posts
And post pics! What dash kit did you use?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got a Boss wheel installed as well - do you mind me asking what head unit & dash install kit you used?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've got a Boss wheel installed as well - do you mind me asking what head unit & dash install kit you used?
He said the Pioneer 2400BT in his first post. No idea on the dash kit though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pioneer head unit 2400BT was from stereoonline.com. I used the Metra 99-5823 replacement panel. I know they have a new one with an LCD, but at twice the price and alot of SYNC functionality that I do not need. The fit and color of the 5823 is dead on. I will take some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correction **** onlinecarstereo.com

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Just wanted to add my .02 cents: :postpics

·
Administrator
13,236 Posts

·
Banned
847 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I wonder how much better the metra kit is at keeping sync functionality? I recently put the MS-FRD1 into my '12 f150 and I wish I wouldn't have wasted the $140+ on the stupid interface. Sync is now useless and pisses me off more than anything. I think the worst part is that if I use sync for phone calls it completely shuts down the z140bh when you are in a phone call. This ends up being a big pain in the arse when you are using the navigation and a phone call comes in when you need directions.

What harness did you use?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Thats interesting that the boss steerling wheel buttons work on your head unit. I have a base too and I was looking into a new steering wheel/head unit eventually. Where'd you pick up that head unit from?
I'm running a Kenwood head unit using the ASWC steering wheel interface on a base model. I have the gt500 steering wheel. It auto detected just fine. On the the gt500 wheel the Bluetooth buttons initially did not work,but that was expected. The second steering wheel control wires for sync/bt is missing from the harness,but the connections in the clock spring is there. After adding those two wires the sync/but buttons work too. I've written a bunch about it in another post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics of the final install. Not sure where the bluetooth microphone will end up.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts