Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the hood of my new 2012 GT, I noticed this odd flex tube going from just around the Air-Flow sensor over to the firewall. Searching around, I came across a term called "noise transmission tube" that said "which transmits engine intake sound into the passenger cabin of the vehicle."

Is this some kind of Ford Racing advertising gimmick or does it have an actual, usable function?? Why would I want to increase the ambient noise in the passenger compartment? I've never seen or heard of such a thing.

Jeff

·
Registered
146 Posts
there was a previous thread about this... but its ultimately to be able to hear teh actual "engine noise" vs just hearing the exhaust.

Some people even remove the baffel in there for additional noise. I'm thinkking if i ever run a nitrous set up, its a perfect spot to hide the line :hihi:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
there was a previous thread about this...
actually been like 4-5 recently lol but as said its to introduce intake noise into the otherwise quiet cabin Ford has done an excellent job on..............that being said I removed mine in the first week of owning the car

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
LOL @ running laughing gas thru the sound tube... you do that and see what happens...

G

·
0 Posts
LOL @ running laughing gas thru the sound tube... you do that and see what happens...
The idea is to hide the line from the bottle in the trunk to the solenoids on the intake for the stealth look. The actual nitrous system would otherwise be the same as a normal system.

·
Registered
146 Posts
thanks grimace.. glad u understand my logic..

just to hide the line, not replace it

·
Registered
41 Posts
It really does make it more quiet once you pull it and plug it, makes the engine bay cleaner and it's much easier to get to the dipstick. All IMO of course :)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
@ Gimace427
The way I read the post, spraying the Nitrous upstream of the throttle body with the possibility of filling the CAI full of No2… I have seen wet kits, and kits with the spray behind the throttle body but never one to spray into the CAI itself… that is the reason for my post…
If there is one and you have a link please post... Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
@ Gimace427
The way I read the post, spraying the Nitrous upstream of the throttle body with the possibility of filling the CAI full of No2… I have seen wet kits, and kits with the spray behind the throttle body but never one to spray into the CAI itself… that is the reason for my post…
If there is one and you have a link please post... Thanks
When doing a stealth nitrous setup there is going to be a lot of fabrication involved so the sound tube is just being a conduit for the nitrous line. From the CAI area the line can split out to the solenoids underneath the intake manifold and be sprayed after the throttle body or however the owner wants the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts