Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2012 GT new on 05/01/12. I had absolutely no issues with the vehicle. until about 16k. I started to hear a tick in the engine which became a knock. I checked the oil and it was 4 qts low. I checked my oil 2 weeks before this and it was fine.

I brought the car to the dealership. they had my car for 2 weeks while they were swapping out the engine for a new one.

My car now has 22k miles on it. I have added 6qts of oil to the vehicle. I have just started the oil consumption check through the dealership. They put new oil in it on fri so i could start the test. I have driven the vehicle 1000 miles since fri and the oil is already black and smells like fuel. The new engine also gets extremely hot not on the gauges just really hot to the point that you cant put your hand on the hood prop rod or you will burn yourself.

I called ford today to make my appointment for the consumption test and they also have to put new lower control arms on since they are making all sorts of noise. I asked them to look at this when they had the vehicle for 2 weeks and he said they couldnt get it to make any noise. I seriously doubt they even looked since any small bump you hit the suspension makes noise.

Anyway Richard the Service guy at frederick motor company said he will need it all day. I asked if i could have a car and he said no and that he was reprimanded for giving me a loaner when they replaced my engine. I have had several vehicles in the last 20 years. new and used. I have never had a dealership not give me a loaner on something that I did not cause and was covered under warranty. He said Ford dealerships no longer do it check my manual its in there. He also stated that if i had the extended warranty they would but not under regular warranty. I normally only keep vehicles for a few years so i never get the extended. I have other issues going on with the car as well but i have rambled on enough. I am seriously questioning this car purchase though. I am not happy at all with my vehicle or the customer service. At this point im pretty scared that i didnt get the extended warranty since i will have a pos sitting in the driveway not running as soon as its out of warranty at the rate things are going now.

G

·
Nothing kills the enthusiasm of a new car like problems and crappy customer service.
Just be careful what you post here because there's a contingent of members here that will jump all over your **** if you sound like you're less than ecstatic about your mustang. In fact I'm surprised you haven't been blamed for ruining your engine and attempting to defraud ford because you didn't check your oil...

Sorry you're going thru that. I had some early mechanical issues and experienced lackluster service as well and it really left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't buy another Ford, mostly due to the dealership network but also in a large part to their apparently unrectified quality issues that I was warned about.

G

·
I purchased my 2012 GT new on 05/01/12. I had absolutely no issues with the vehicle. until about 16k. I started to hear a tick in the engine which became a knock. I checked the oil and it was 4 qts low. I checked my oil 2 weeks before this and it was fine.
I brought the car to the dealership. they had my car for 2 weeks while they were swapping out the engine for a new one.
My car now has 22k miles on it. I have added 6qts of oil to the vehicle. I have just started the oil consumption check through the dealership. They put new oil in it on fri so i could start the test. I have driven the vehicle 1000 miles since fri and the oil is already black and smells like fuel. The new engine also gets extremely hot not on the gauges just really hot to the point that you cant put your hand on the hood prop rod or you will burn yourself.
Welcome! Let me get this escalated for you, kagillan. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and the concern your vehicle is having so I can forward it to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yay Ford customer service. Good luck Kagillan! Keep the faith brother, something good will happen. I got my deluxe build sheet from Ford a couple days ago and requested more details about the options on my car. They actually called me today and gave me the production numbers of those options. Never saw that coming but thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing kills the enthusiasm of a new car like problems and crappy customer service.
Just be careful what you post here because there's a contingent of members here that will jump all over your **** if you sound like you're less than ecstatic about your mustang. In fact I'm surprised you haven't been blamed for ruining your engine and attempting to defraud ford because you didn't check your oil...

Sorry you're going thru that. I had some early mechanical issues and experienced lackluster service as well and it really left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't buy another Ford, mostly due to the dealership network but also in a large part to their apparently unrectified quality issues that I was warned about.

If i was told at delivery I had to check my oil every 1000 miles i would have. I have owned several new vehicles including performance vehicles and never had issues with oil consumption.

I loved my car until the issues started. I still love my mustang. I just wish i wasnt having issues with it. All my friends that have them have had no issues what so ever. One of the reasons i purchased the vehicle.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I can't believe they won't give you a loaner. I got a loaner when I had a steering wheel button replaced, no questions asked. In fact, they didn't even ask if I wanted one; they just gave me a slip for Enterprise RAC and someone from the RAC place came and picked me up. They even authorized it for three days even though they ended up having my car only a couple of hours.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They should give you a rental paid by ford every time they keep your car over night. It is in your warranty do not except anything less. I am sure if you get the correct people involved you will be fine. Do not give up on ford they will make it right.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Could you take it to a different dealer?

G

·
Yay Ford customer service. Good luck Kagillan! Keep the faith brother, something good will happen. I got my deluxe build sheet from Ford a couple days ago and requested more details about the options on my car. They actually called me today and gave me the production numbers of those options. Never saw that coming but thanks!
Thank you, Bryonl!

I can't believe they won't give you a loaner. I got a loaner when I had a steering wheel button replaced, no questions asked. In fact, they didn't even ask if I wanted one; they just gave me a slip for Enterprise RAC and someone from the RAC place came and picked me up. They even authorized it for three days even though they ended up having my car only a couple of hours.
They should give you a rental paid by ford every time they keep your car over night. It is in your warranty do not except anything less. I am sure if you get the correct people involved you will be fine. Do not give up on ford they will make it right.
Loaners are provided per dealer availability, guys. It would be awesome if everyone got one for any given reason however, not all dealers have that option. Some only have it available if you purchased the vehicle from them, or if it’s an extenuating circumstance, etc. This is also why we offer rental provisions with our Extended Service Plans with first day rental or after 24 hour rental, etc.

Deysha

·
Registered
100 Posts
First of all how can you blame someone for ruining there car because they didn't check their oil. I know it's recommended but if car is in good condition it shouldn't use oil at all. I have an explorer with 265k and never check oil just change every 3k. On a car that 2012 it shouldn't be using oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could take it to another dealer but this is where it was purchased. I figured that would be my best shot for a rental since it was purchased new there 6 months ago.

My Audi which i purchased new when i got home from Iraq in 2009 had 15k between oil changes. I would always check it at 10k and never burneda drop

@Bryonl Im keeping the faith

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
First of all how can you blame someone for ruining there car because they didn't check their oil. I know it's recommended but if car is in good condition it shouldn't use oil at all. I have an explorer with 265k and never check oil just change every 3k. On a car that 2012 it shouldn't be using oil.

I don't know what the manual says (except to check it) but I would hate to have to be responsible for replacing a motor for someone who has never checked the oil. I will admit some of the 5.0 seem to burn more oil than they should but the owner does have some responsibility.

edited cause I re-read the op's post of how he did check oil.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I do not know about loaners but when i bought my car I got a warranty and for anything that keeps that car over night they issue me a paid by ford rental. It is in the paperwork.

·
Registered
161 Posts

I called ford today to make my appointment for the consumption test and they also have to put new lower control arms on since they are making all sorts of noise. I asked them to look at this when they had the vehicle for 2 weeks and he said they couldnt get it to make any noise. I seriously doubt they even looked since any small bump you hit the suspension makes noise.

Anyway Richard the Service guy at frederick motor company said he will need it all day. I asked if i could have a car and he said no and that he was reprimanded for giving me a loaner when they replaced my engine. I have had several vehicles in the last 20 years. new and used. I have never had a dealership not give me a loaner on something that I did not cause and was covered under warranty. He said Ford dealerships no longer do it check my manual its in there. He also stated that if i had the extended warranty they would but not under regular warranty. I normally only keep vehicles for a few years so i never get the extended. I have other issues going on with the car as well but i have rambled on enough. I am seriously questioning this car purchase though. I am not happy at all with my vehicle or the customer service. At this point im pretty scared that i didnt get the extended warranty since i will have a pos sitting in the driveway not running as soon as its out of warranty at the rate things are going now.
Thinking about this, if it were happening to me, and it was clearly a defect in the car originally, I would not have accepted a second engine for the car, but would have asked for a buyback or replacement instead. Too big a purchase to get yanked around, and there are lemon laws.

·
Registered
342 Posts

Agreed. A brand new 2012 car/motor especially of this price range shouldn't be using oil. If I got a new one, I'd expect it to at least be close to matching my two older Fords which haven't used any with significant mileage on each.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Loaners are provided per dealer availability, guys. It would be awesome if everyone got one for any given reason however, not all dealers have that option. Some only have it available if you purchased the vehicle from them, or if it’s an extenuating circumstance, etc. This is also why we offer rental provisions with our Extended Service Plans with first day rental or after 24 hour rental, etc.

Deysha
thats b/s!!!!!! i buy new cars for a few reasons, one of which is to get a car that is under warrenty (and usually sold before that warrenty is over). If a car company puts out a product and the parts fail and i have to leave my car more then a day, they damn well better make me whole with a car to get me to and from my job, especially when ive spent thousands with them!!!

i drive 50 mins one way to work and could not car pool to work...if my 41k car fails on me under warrenty, it should allow me a car to allow me to continue to earn a paycheck and my livelyhood and continue to pay ford my monthly payment!

this is frustrating..i may be walking away from my mustang.

Like others ive owned a lot of cars...id say 9 new off the lot and thats always been the standard.

it sounds like Ford is not doing right by thier customers and have taken what should be offered standard and putting it into their extended warrenty to make it harder for people to say no to it and thus make more money... because apparently thousands upon thousands of dollars spent on a new car isnt enough profit for them...and the big 3 wondered why they needed bailouts and the rest of the "import" car companies didnt...because they apparently take way better of thier customers!!! the more and more i learn about Ford...the more i get that much closer to walking away from my car before it gets here!

so glad we bought my wife a mazda cx-5 and not a 2013 ford escape.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
161 Posts
Agreed. A brand new 2012 car/motor especially of this price range shouldn't be using oil. If I got a new one, I'd expect it to at least be close to matching my two older Fords which haven't used any with significant mileage on each.
My first service appointment was made by the dealer at the exact time I bought my 2012 GT. It was to be at 5000 miles.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts