Ford Mustang Forum banner

2012 GT Rear Headrests - Removal For Tinting

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  brycerichert 
#1 ·
Does any one know if the rear headrests can be removed for an easier job tinting the car? I know they fold down, but is it possible to remove them?

~Darren

#7 ·
#5 ·
Thanks guys - Sun Guard Performax Slate Metallic Film, 5% rear and quarter windows and 20% front sides is on and looks killer. Headrests folded down was fine.

I appreciate the assistance. Pics will be posted tomorrow after a detail and installation of the JL Audio door speakers.

~Darren

#8 ·
Dang that is dark. I went 15% on back and 20% on sides. I've gotta back into the garage every night within 3" of the wall so that dark would be no bueno.
Funny... I'm in the same boat. I had no idea how long these doors were when I ordered the car. We have to put one in front and backup the other one in order to open the doors in the garage. I never realized the benefits of having two sedans before. I can't imagine backing up with tins with the tolerances I'm dealing with now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.