Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new to posting on this forum. Been reading a lot on it :) I just got Roush CAI and AB installed on my 2012 Base GT. My question is anyone had any dealer warranty issues with it for just anything? I don't have any Tunes or anything else. I bought mine with 5 years bumper to bumper and just a little scared with my upgrades :) Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Without a tune, and your exhaust being axle back only, there is really very little that could possibly be blamed for if you were to take it in to get warranty work done. The dealership would have to prove that your change is what caused the problem. For example, if you ended up having transmission issues, they cant say, "well, you have an aftermarket exhaust, so we dont have to fix it." They have the burden of proof to show that it was your parts that caused it, which obviously would not be the case. To make a long story short, your in the clear...

·
Registered
254 Posts
The Roush CAI doesn't require a tune either? I thought the AirRaid was the only one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm curious about this as well, especially the intake, they seem to have a bad rep even though I'm sure one that doesn't require a tune would be pretty harmless.

It seems pretty easy to install, so you could always switch it back to stock if you had to take it in for a problem that could be related...

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm curious about this as well, especially the intake, they seem to have a bad rep even though I'm sure one that doesn't require a tune would be pretty harmless.

It seems pretty easy to install, so you could always switch it back to stock if you had to take it in for a problem that could be related...

What is this bad rep you speak of??? All of the reviews on the AM site were very positive.

This does look like a nice quick and dirty for those not wanting to go with a tune at this stage in the game. I've made it through the summer trouble free and would like to make it thru some cold weather b4 doing any major mods myself.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is this bad rep you speak of??? All of the reviews on the AM site were very positive.

This does look like a nice quick and dirty for those not wanting to go with a tune at this stage in the game. I've made it through the summer trouble free and would like to make it thru some cold weather b4 doing any major mods myself.
Sorry, I was more referring to the problems and warranty issues a few people have been having with tunes, and the fact that the dealer may assume that if you had any type of CAI, you would also therefore have a tune.

I've actually heard many more good things than bad, it's just that the bad tends to stick in my mind more than the good...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m running the same Roush Equipment on my 11 GT. Dealer has not at all given me a hard time about the added stuff. I’ve had my car in for oil changes and to investigate that whistling sound in my transmission when shifting gears.
Though there are some dealers out there who just give people a hard time about having the added accessories. I say dont even worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts