Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help me. I cant seem to figure the security system out. If I understood correctly, then the system automatically arms itself when you press the lock button on the key - indicated by a double blink of the headlights or something. But my system isnt automatically arming when I lock the car. Sometimes it will arm however, but I cant figure out exactly what Im doing. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Did you read the owners manual? It tells you exactly how it works

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea - I read it. And if I remember right, the manual said that the system would automatically arm itself upon locking the doors.

·
Registered
136 Posts
All I know is that mine is VERY sensitive. Mine went off when I touched the roof today lol I believe it is armed when you hit the lock button though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A single press on the 2011 arms, flashes the lights, and locks the doors. The double does nothing more than honk the horn and flash the lights again to confirm it.

As confusing as the manual can be, it is all in there :)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Maybe someone can help me. I cant seem to figure the security system out. If I understood correctly, then the system automatically arms itself when you press the lock button on the key - indicated by a double blink of the headlights or something. But my system isnt automatically arming when I lock the car. Sometimes it will arm however, but I cant figure out exactly what Im doing. Thanks in advance.
Hey there. What's making you think or confirming that it's not arming... were you able to open the door or something and no alarm? I have a 2012 with the Security Pkg and I'm willing to try to replicate whatever it is that would help.

One thing that popped into my head, Ford has made the confirmation honk MUCH softer than it was on last Mustang. A change for the better if you ask me (nothing like calling attention to a car you're walking away from, eh?) but thought maybe that was what was making you think it wasn't arming.

But like I said if it's something else, I can see if I can get my car to do it.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Did you read the owners manual? It tells you exactly how it works
That's helpful. Nice way to make someone new feel welcome!

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you keep locking yourself inside the car, you won't need to set the alarm!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
LED location

I'n not trying to hijack your thread but I hope to get a side question in. On the models with the security system where is the LED located (The active NOT the passive alarm LED) I am adding in the security system myself and would like to know where Ford puts the LED. And now back to your regular programing...

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's helpful. Nice way to make someone new feel welcome!
The reason I said that is because it gives a very detailed description of how the system works. It mentions things that still haven't been said on here. Like it takes 20 seconds for the interior motion sensor to arm... Wasn't trying to be rude. Just trying to provide the OP with the best answer:smartass:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did a little test this morning. I cracked my window down 1/2 way so I could "steal" my car. Closed the door, press the lock button, and immediately stuck my hand inside to open the door. Alarm did not go off. Repeat same process but wait 20 sec, this time the alarm went off. So the time does seem to be the key (as was mentioned)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.