Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. Noob here and 1st post.

I just bought a Race Red 2012 GT Premium 2 weeks ago because I got a good deal over the 2013 GT. Now, I bargained a 5 year/60K basic + PREMIUM warranty built into the price including tire coverage.

I have the following upgrades in mind. My question is, which of these can I get without losing warranty?
1. I dont like the shifter, and definitely want to upgrade it. But I also need the safety thing on the reverse gear.
2. I want to get the louvers and a different hood and may be a stripe
3. At some point I want to upgrade the wheels/tires and also add Brembos
4. I definitely want to upgrade to HID lights.
5. Is there even an option for upgraded security package?
6. I want to get a tune but as long as it is Factory approved and wouldnt cause warranty issues. I know about the FRPP but there is no shop listed on their website that is close to me. Can I buy it and get it installed at the dealership I got the car from??

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hi everyone. Noob here and 1st post.

I just bought a Race Red 2012 GT Premium 2 weeks ago because I got a good deal over the 2013 GT. Now, I bargained a 5 year/60K basic + PREMIUM warranty built into the price including tire coverage.

I have the following upgrades in mind. My question is, which of these can I get without losing warranty?
1. I dont like the shifter, and definitely want to upgrade it. But I also need the safety thing on the reverse gear.
6. I want to get a tune but as long as it is Factory approved and wouldnt cause warranty issues. I know about the FRPP but there is no shop listed on their website that is close to me. Can I buy it and get it installed at the dealership I got the car from??
Any upgrades you purchase and get a Dealer to install you will get a 12/12 warranty on the work . If it was not a stock item or an item purchased from ford then you will lose factory warranty on the part that you are replacing only which makes sense because why would ford warrant something that is not theirs.Tunes if you know about FRPP tune then that is the only one which keeps the factory warranty in tact as long as it is installed by an authorized dealer. As far as a shifter voiding the drivetrain warranty that would be something i would ask the service manager about where you plan to get your work done

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I will talk to the service manager and update here.

Any other things I need to keep in mind when thinking "upgrades" for a new stang?

Any upgrades you purchase and get a Dealer to install you will get a 12/12 warranty on the work . If it was not a stock item or an item purchased from ford then you will lose factory warranty on the part that you are replacing only which makes sense because why would ford warrant something that is not theirs.Tunes if you know about FRPP tune then that is the only one which keeps the factory warranty in tact as long as it is installed by an authorized dealer. As far as a shifter voiding the drivetrain warranty that would be something i would ask the service manager about where you plan to get your work done

F

·
0 Posts
+1 burke985!
Hello brownsugah,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Aftermarket parts will not automatically void any of your warranties. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info. Also, there is a TSB regarding tunes and aftermarket enhancements that may affect the engine, so I recommend you speak to your Ford dealer before installing any aftermarket parts on your vehicle, as burke985 mentioned.

Deysha

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 burke985!
Hello brownsugah,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Aftermarket parts will not automatically void any of your warranties. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info. Also, there is a TSB regarding tunes and aftermarket enhancements that may affect the engine, so I recommend you speak to your Ford dealer before installing any aftermarket parts on your vehicle, as burke985 mentioned.
Deysha
Thanks for the response. Will do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts