Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the ford dealership and I found that there was a Saleen for sale, so of course I decided to test drive it. Right after I test drove it I drove a v6 then a 5.0. I dismissed as an option the v6 due to its lack of power compared to the other two cars. It is a great car just not exactly what I am looking for. All three were automatic. I liked the Saleen but not sure if I liked the ruggedness of it. I liked the 5.0 (of course) and liked how you can go from idle to beast in hardly no time flat. The Saleen is around 28k but Im sure I can talk the salesman down. Should I consider the Saleen or go with the 5.0?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
You will never know how hard the previous owner played with it.. that is my only concern when spending so much money on a used car....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will never know how hard the previous owner played with it.. that is my only concern when spending so much money on a used car....
Yeah thats what I was thinking it only has 20,000 miles on it but it is still supercharged and im sure it was driven pretty hard. But it is just such a powerful car.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
When you buy used, just look all over or have it inspected if you don't know what to look at. Also that person took the hit on the depreciation. If you buy new, then you will. Depends on what kind of deal you can get for either one. Years down the road, the Saleen will be worth more due to production and just the name Saleen stamped on it. But then again, for that price, your not to far away from a new base 5.0

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Yeah thats what I was thinking it only has 20,000 miles on it but it is still supercharged and im sure it was driven pretty hard. But it is just such a powerful car.
With anything, it's driven hard. If that 5.0 has been test driven, people have drove it hard. I do that to any car that i test drive just to check it out.
My 03 Cobra, I drive it here and there, barely get on it. Maybe gone WOT on the highway ramp 4-5 times. Fastest I've had it is 120mph once. Just depends on who owned it last. A young kid, maybe beat on here and there. A little older, not so much.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I bought my 96 cobra in 2001 with 21K miles on it...to say it was the deal is an understatement, it was a total creampuff and like new, alot of old geezers have owned those cars since they are/were quite expensive when new...I'd have more reservations about the new 5.0 from all the reported engine/transmission issues than a 07 Saleen

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my 96 cobra in 2001 with 21K miles on it...to say it was the deal is an understatement, it was a total creampuff and like new, alot of old geezers have owned those cars since they are/were quite expensive when new...I'd have more reservations about the new 5.0 from all the reported engine/transmission issues than a 07 Saleen
Oh wow. I am pretty sure i am going to go with the 5.0 the saleen was pretty sweet but not for an everyday kind of car, it seems a little too untamed. Plus the gas mileage is probably pretty know. I know that I shouldn't buy I mustang with gas mileage in mind but gas is expensive and I am not made of money. Plus the 5.0 could out perform the saleen if a supercharger is thrown on it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
What dealer has the Saleen?? I want to see pics of it!!! Then I'll give my answer lol, I love my 11 5.0 though!! Very touch decision indeed!!

·
Banned
24 Posts
Stock for stock, saleen versus 5.0, the 5.0 will win at worst be dead nuts with it, lighter, better suspension.... Now mod the 5.0 and you'll be smashing that saleen....
No brainer get the 2012 5.0 and make it your own..... My thoughts! GL :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
what color is the Saleen? depending on the color they tend to be a bit gawdy imo, it being supercharged is a positive thats for sure, but as said Im sure its been run pretty hard. does the Saleen come with a warranty?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Stock for stock, saleen versus 5.0, the 5.0 will win at worst be dead nuts with it, lighter, better suspension.... Now mod the 5.0 and you'll be smashing that saleen....
No brainer get the 2012 5.0 and make it your own..... My thoughts! GL :bigthumbsup
I wanna echo this. The 11s n 12s are all around crafted better, and a gem for anyone looking at doing future mods.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what color is the Saleen? depending on the color they tend to be a bit gawdy imo, it being supercharged is a positive thats for sure, but as said Im sure its been run pretty hard. does the Saleen come with a warranty?
Its Silver I just posted pictures and I am not sure if it comes with a warranty or not.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
pics arent working for me

·
Registered
116 Posts
I couldnt help myself, I had to go to the dealerships website. Used 2007 Ford Mustang SALEEN (Gray Car) Torrance
For me it does look like a sweet car, we all know Saleens are. Maybe its just me but the gap between the quarter pannels and rear bumper cover seems a little off. Even if it looked perfect I would probably say go with the 5.0. First off its new, and you can get it just the way you want, and prbably get a lower rate. Also its 5 years newer for only a little more $$$. I love my 5.0 and have had no problems with it.

·
Banned
24 Posts
I couldnt help myself, I had to go to the dealerships website. Used 2007 Ford Mustang SALEEN (Gray Car) Torrance
For me it does look like a sweet car, we all know Saleens are. Maybe its just me but the gap between the quarter pannels and rear bumper cover seems a little off. Even if it looked perfect I would probably say go with the 5.0. First off its new, and you can get it just the way you want, and prbably get a lower rate. Also its 5 years newer for only a little more $$$. I love my 5.0 and have had no problems with it.
The saleen is definately a hot car, especially this one posted above(love those black wheels on it)...
Another thing i want to mention is a huge difference between the 2 besides The power is the fact that the 5.0 is going to have a way more comfortable drive and interior(way more refined then the saleen) , the modern day conviences can't be beat, for an example can you say SYNC!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
that is a pretty nice looking Saleen, Id still get the 5.0 but thats just me

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got the perfect solution for you...

Get the 5.0 (I totally agree with the new car logic above). Add some Saleen (or Roush) customizations on your own and make it unique... you can do the front/rear fascia, performance mods, you name it... on your own and have a brand new/unique car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.