Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headaches with Ford Customer service on 2012 Mustang v6 noise.

Hi all,

So here's the deal. I have a 2012 Ford Mustang. I have had this annoying flapping sound coming out of the passenger side wheel area at highway speeds for the past 2.5 years I have owned this car. It has been to 3 different Ford Dealers for a total of about 9-10 trips. Each time, the problem has been diagnosed as something different or they just claim that they cannot hear the sound at all. I have tried everything, including going on a road test with the shop foreman sitting next to me listening to it. The foremen from 2 different shops heard it, but neither were able to fix it. They have done many things to the car to try to fix it, from swapping out the control arms to simply tightening the bolts of the panels underneath the car.

So here's when things get juicy. I called the main Ford customer service line, hoping for some help and to get my repair expedited as my car's warranty expired this week...I first called last Saturday. The guy who answered my call "escalated" my case to a regional manager and said I should receive a call by Monday 5PM. NO CALL. I call back Tuesday, same shebang. A different guy at the call center tried to contact the manager who was supposed to be helping me, but she did not pick up and he left a message for me, telling her to call me back. The caller apologizes, gives me a direct number, and tells me that I should get a call before Tuesday 5PM. NO CALL x2. I call the number I was given and it goes straight to voicemail where the regional manager states her hours, which I found out that she leaves work at 3:30PM. Wednesday morning, I call her once more, and again, sent straight to voicemail. I leave her a message, asking her to call me back ASAP. I wait and wait until 2PM. Knowing that she leaves at 3:30PM, and that I have a meeting at 3PM also, I decide to give the main hotline a call again to ask for someone else. The girl who picks up "escalates" my case once more and says I should receive a call soon, knowing that I would most likely miss the call, I gave her a backup number of one of my relatives, who is well-versed in my issues. At 2:50, I go into the meeting and silence my phone. An hour later, I leave the meeting and discover that I missed her call. She had called at EXACTLY 3:00. I called my relative, and discover that he did not receive a call. We call her back, she's out of office. Knowing the date that our warranty expires on, we thought we would also have that day to address the issue.

Little did we know, when we called her the next day, the regional manager FINALLY picks up and cooly informs us that our warranty in fact expires at 12AM on that date. She goes on to tell us that there's nothing she could do and we could ask anyone, but there is nothing Ford could do. She tells us that she can get in contact with the Ford Dealership we're working with and talk with the foreman on the tech hotline to address the issue, but all repair costs are now out of pocket.

I am obviously not pleased with this as it seems as if the regional manager purposely delayed our case until the warranty is expired.

Although this is kind of a rant, I just wanted to reach out to you all and see if 1. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? 2. Anyone deal with something like this? (Both the sound and the less than satisfactory customer service).

Any help is appreciated!

TLDR: I have a problem with my car, taken it in 9-10 times and it hasn't been fixed. Blown off by Ford regional manager until warranty expired.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Its porbably the front passenger splash shield. Its held on by plastic push pins. Ive found that it can move very easily where it attatches to the side skirt with 2 of those push pins..

·
Registered
702 Posts
Drill some holes and zip tie the wheel wells to the front under tray. I had the same issue.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
All good ideas ^^^^ I'll also throw out to get a Gopro and train it where the noise is coming from to try and film it (or just try zips)

·
Registered
332 Posts
WOW ... I've had an annoying sound that closely matches your description and from the same basic area on my 2011 since new (93k miles on her now). Turn up the radio, and it goes away !!

Seriously, I've always wondered where exactly it was coming from (I always thought somewhere around the front of the passenger door), but I think you may be onto something. I'll have to remove that wheel and study that liner and how it is mounted ... possibly remove it 1st to see if the noise goes away. If so, then I'll figure out a way to better secure it !!

Just took a quick look at both my front wheel liners and the drivers side does not seem to be any better secured (also missing one plastic rivet above tire on Dr-Side), but I've never noticed any noise from that side.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
689 Posts
In the part like behind the fender there's a foam/fiber seal like thing. I had a similar noise it was that, it fell into the fender. You can see it looking into the fender from the seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts