Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to mess with the front end of my 2012 GT. I was looking at the Roush front bumper and billet grill from AM. I was also looking at the CS front splitter but I see too many Mustangs with that already. Anyone have any other ideas of what would look good?

The only thing I've done so far to the front end is open up my headlights to paint them black. Looks really good actually.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The only thing I've done so far to the front end is open up my headlights to paint them black. Looks really good actually.
The Saleen grill is pretty good looking...
but, opened the headlights to paint them black??? don't you know...

:postpics

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well not that I want another one of mine out there...lol..but what I did was in 2011 it was an option to get the lower front fascia, not the one the boss has but the one from the california edition...it wasn't offered in 2012 but I made that a part of my deal when I ordered mine..I think it gives it a little more aggresive and finished look, plus allows for the lower fogs or brake cooling kit...and still lets you play with other grill/fog light kits to make it even more unique. I don't see many GT's with the fascia I have..most of them have the Boss...but that could just be where I live.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Saleen grill is pretty good looking...
but, opened the headlights to paint them black??? don't you know...

:postpics

lol my bad man. I'm still pretty new to forums. But I'm put some up here in a bit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before and after

And then you have to do this to get the headlights out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All gotta use is a heat gun to melt down the silicon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And this is the final product. Very small little thing to do but when you see and drive the car everyday, it makes a big difference. I think it flows better with the front sense the grill is black.

G

·
And this is the final product. Very small little thing to do but when you see and drive the car everyday, it makes a big difference. I think it flows better with the front sense the grill is black.
That looks way better black. Not sure what Ford was thinking with making them chrome. That was one of the reasons I passed on the HID's. Nice work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man! And yeah, looks a lot better now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
looks really good. makes me want to do that to mine...... which how to did you follow?

you just used a heat gun to melt the silicone? what silicone did you use to put it back together?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts