Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a former 1969 Mustang Super Cobra Jet owner (I bought it new), I'm pleased to say I'm waiting for my new 2012 Mustang GT Premium Convertible to arrive. The 69 SCJ was a great ride and I'm sure the 12 GT Convert will be every bit as much fun. It was ordered on 4/25/11, but no VIN number has been assigned yet. It seems like there should have been a VIN by now. My Ford dealer says they are waiting on several Mustang orders. This doesn't sound good for me. Are the Mustangs with the navigation package (mine has it) on hold?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine took 5 weeks

I ordered a 2011 Mustang convertible and it was delivered the week they said it would arrive. I stopped in at the dealer several times to look at the GPS to see where it was at.

Mine was the first one they built to my spec; Mustange Club sterling grey with Saddle leather and matching wheels, no stripes, camera, and mostly about everything you could get except navigation. I would have liked the HD radio but it was part of the Nav kit.

My guess is that special cars like yours get built at the same speed.

If there is no vin I am also guessing you could still make changes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered my 2012 mustang on 4/25/11 also. I still haven't been given a VIN or build date either. My dealer originally told me it would be no problem getting it delivered in 4 - 6 weeks. My order did not have NAV. It's just a Mustang GT coupe, kona blue, charcoal int., mt-82, 3.55:1 rear.

Here I am, still waiting, no ETA. :mesad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts