Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a problem that hopefully someone can shed some insight with.

2012 Mustang GT
Stock
4,523 miles

I've taken the car in twice so far for a suspension issue(s) I've been having. First it was the passengers front side making heavy noise as I go over bumps, driveways, etc. (of course, at crawl speeds). They lubricated various parts and said the problem is fine.

Next it was the drivers side making noise. Same thing. Took it in and they lubricated it away.

Now, and before, my problem is that when I accelerate going uphill, no difference if it's light or heavy, I hear this noise that sounds like a bed squeaking noise which gets faster as my speeds climb. I need to take it in again this week.

Any advice on what it might be and what I can tell them to look out for? Thank you for the help.

Might Help to Add: Around 800 miles on the odo, I had a drunk driver hit my car on the freeway from the passenger front tire. I had everything replaced via a certified Ford body shop/dealership. They really helped me out by replacing everything out and overkilling on the damages done. Car had no noticeable problems after it was back in my possession.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi all, I have a problem that hopefully someone can shed some insight with.

2012 Mustang GT
Stock
4,523 miles

I've taken the car in twice so far for a suspension issue(s) I've been having. First it was the passengers front side making heavy noise as I go over bumps, driveways, etc. (of course, at crawl speeds). They lubricated various parts and said the problem is fine.

Next it was the drivers side making noise. Same thing. Took it in and they lubricated it away.

Now, and before, my problem is that when I accelerate going uphill, no difference if it's light or heavy, I hear this noise that sounds like a bed squeaking noise which gets faster as my speeds climb. I need to take it in again this week.

Any advice on what it might be and what I can tell them to look out for? Thank you for the help.

Might Help to Add: Around 800 miles on the odo, I had a drunk driver hit my car on the freeway from the passenger front tire. I had everything replaced via a certified Ford body shop/dealership. They really helped me out by replacing everything out and overkilling on the damages done. Car had no noticeable problems after it was back in my possession.
What is your build date? I recall seeing a TSB floating around here describing clunking in the front coming from the LCAs. Ford was replacing them per the bulletin. I just cannot locate the number at the moment. The date for the applicable 2012s were build date before 4/11.

·
Registered
142 Posts
how would i be able to track down the TSB, i have been having a similar problem and i have a 2012 with a build date before 4/11,
thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've recently noticed a front end noise each time I let out the clutch starting out in first gear in my 2012 GT Brembo. Anyone else have this issue? My build date is 3/11. Are the LCA's the same for 2011/2012 Brembo cars as all other 2011/2012 Mustangs?

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is not advice but what I would consider...If Ford can't get rid of your noise contact your insurance agent and let them know the car may not have been properly fixed and that the noise is causing undo stress, nausea, and head/heart ache. You really have to lay it on them so they can contact the drunks insurance company to make it right. The car had no noises prior so good luck. Sometimes light damage from a wreck will ruin a car for ever.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's the control arms. As stated there is a TSB on it. Its an easy waranty fix but it can take a few hours to swap the new ones in. Just had it done on my car and the squeeking is all gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Suspension Noise

I got a 2009 GT with 28k miles. About 2 weeks ago I heard a clunk noise and I took it to the dealership last week and they greased everything up then replaced the inlets and said everything was good. When i drove away the noise was worse they schedules a second inspection for tomorrow. Now i got an additional problem my right side tire blew up off the rim on the same side i hear the noise. Any help on what is causing the noise and the tire blewing up?

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's the control arms. As stated there is a TSB on it. Its an easy waranty fix but it can take a few hours to swap the new ones in. Just had it done on my car and the squeeking is all gone.
Did the squeaking go away for good? Just had both my LCA's replaced and still making the obnoxious embarrassing noise when going over speed bumps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts