Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any info on the rear park assist on the 2012 mustang? I just got my car and every time I put it in reverse it turns on this rear park assist feature of some sort and I am not sure what it is doing. Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
The rear park assist is where the car will park itself which is not available on the 2012 Mustang as an option. THe two options available for reversing is the rear view camera and the reverse sensing system which you probably have. Basically its those sensers on the rear bumper that are activated when you put the car in reverse. The sensers will beep at you when you get too close to an object

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ther is some pretty good info in the owners manual.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The rear park assist is where the car will park itself which is not available on the 2012 Mustang as an option. THe two options available for reversing is the rear view camera and the reverse sensing system which you probably have. Basically its those sensers on the rear bumper that are activated when you put the car in reverse. The sensers will beep at you when you get too close to an object
Actually, the rear park assist refers to the backup sensors, which is an option in th '12s.

To the OP: When you're reversing (with the assist set to "on"), you will hear a beeping that will start slow at first to solid beep if there is an obstacle behind you. The faster the beeping, the closer it is. It even detects parking curbs. It's not a replacement for turning your head but it helps when things are below your feild of vision out the back.

I have both the sensors and the camera --- awesome features.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks everyone. I tried to search for it on the owners manual under rear park assist but that wasn't in the index.

I also just assumed since I had the rear view camera it wouldn't have the sensors as well.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ok thanks everyone. I tried to search for it on the owners manual under rear park assist but that wasn't in the index.

I also just assumed since I had the rear view camera it wouldn't have the sensors as well.
If you look at the lower rear diffuser (the black plastic part) you'll have 4 sensors -- one on either side of the license plate and one on each side toward the corners.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Love this feature!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.