Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2012 Kona Blue GT that I use as my DD. While installing my Airaid CAI, I had trouble getting the little yellow clip to pop up on the brake aspirator line (the line only auto transmissions have). When I finally got it to pop up so I could remove the line, the clip broke. The line seems to stay in place on the Airaid line, but it would be nice to know it was secured in place.

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement little yellow clip?

Cheers

·
Registered
645 Posts
Oh crap, there is a TSB on that. If you break the clip your entire vehicle warranty is voided. :kooky: Couldn't help it. I'm willing to bet your Ford Dealer would be the best point of contact to find one. I hate those clips, I was afraid I was going to break mine too.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have a new 2012 Kona Blue GT that I use as my DD. While installing my Airaid CAI, I had trouble getting the little yellow clip to pop up on the brake aspirator line (the line only auto transmissions have). When I finally got it to pop up so I could remove the line, the clip broke. The line seems to stay in place on the Airaid line, but it would be nice to know it was secured in place.

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement little yellow clip?

Cheers
Usually you have to replace the hose itself; the clips are part of the connector and aren't meant to come out. Usually you have to squeeze the clip not pry it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts