Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 12 GT almost a month. All is well. Even great! However, just yesterday I went to syncmyride.com and created an account then downloaded and ran the version checker app. It tells me that I have SYNC version 4. Wikipedia tells me I should have SYNC version 5. Now I'm sure Wikipedia is not a be all and end all source, but if they are wrong it'll be the first I know of.

Can some other 12 Sync Navi owner that has ran the version checker app tell me what SYNC version they have? Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just HOW would some anonymous author contributing to Wikipedia have an idea what version YOUR SYNC has?
I guess I would just go with what the software in syncmyride.com tells me since IT is the basis for your software.
I checked my SYNC handbook and it has no mention of versions that I could find.
Maybe you SHOULD have version 5, but alas, it looks like SYNC 4 is what SYCN says you have.
What is the difference between the two versions?

Anyone can write ANYTHING in Wikipedia and it has to be corrected by other contributors.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just HOW would some anonymous author contributing to Wikipedia have an idea what version YOUR SYNC has?
I guess I would just go with what the software in syncmyride.com tells me since IT is the basis for your software.
I checked my SYNC handbook and it has no mention of versions that I could find.
Maybe you SHOULD have version 5, but alas, it looks like SYNC 4 is what SYCN says you have.
What is the difference between the two versions?

Anyone can write ANYTHING in Wikipedia and it has to be corrected by other contributors.
I trust Wikipedia way more than I do Microsoft, or Ford! Talk to Ford customer service 3 times and you'll get three different answers. It's ridiculous that on Ford's own SYNC site you can't even find what version you're supposed to have. Microsoft . . ... well they won't even answer the phone! The upgrade procedure is beyond ridiculous! I write technical manuals for a living. If I were to write procedures the way Microsoft and Ford do I would be fired on the first draft! Any procedure that tells you "Installation complete", but you have to ignore it until the 2nd time you get it is absurd! Good Lord wite the software to prompt "Installation complete" only when it's complete. It's not that hard!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Version 5 is for MyFordTouchNaughtyZone or whatever that newfangled crap is that isn't in the Mustang. We have version 4.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ok, now that makes sense! Did you happen to get that from running the version checker app?
Why ask? If it's not in Wikipedia it's an unreliable source, right? lol :gringreen

Ford service and SyncMyRide would tell you that your version is V4; punch in a VIN for an Edge or any other car with MFT it will tell you it's V5.

Like all technology, sooner or later you will top out on the updates available for your system while they will carry on for newer versions. Just like trying to get updates for WindowsME...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.