Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty new here but I figured Id post some pix of my SQ build. Right now I am just doing a basic install to figure out if I like the gear or not..then once I get the gear down I am doing the install for the 13 season...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its an ID 12 V.3. I have had very good luck with them in the past (IASCA/SLAP SQ Champ in 04) so I picked them up for this build on closeout for $90

·
Registered
279 Posts
The dashkit looks really cool! Do you need adapters with it for antenna, speakers??

·
Administrator
13,253 Posts
looks great! Did you kee the Sync?? if so how?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm not sure if he did. But from the looks of the gear pic, it doesn't look like it. But I do believe that PAC makes a product model # MS-FRD1 that will allow sync to work with most aftermarket HU's. It takes the SYNC functionality and runs it out of a 3.5mm auxiliary out. You just take that out and plug it into your Auxiliary 3.5mm input on your aftermarket HU, and SYNC will play its audio on that particular auxiliary in on the new unit.

This mixed with PAc's steering wheel adaptor help to retain pretty much full stock functionality. The 2 kits from PAC are about a combined 180-200ish. So pretty pricy addition when the new deck more than likely does most of ehat SYNC offers.

I think i could live with just the wheel adaptor so that the Volume and Next Track functions work. I'd sacrifice SyNc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts