Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...the exhaust upgrade and cold air intake upgrades are on the way...

Now, I'm open to some simple, cost-effective handling upgrade suggestions for the cornering/in-traffic of the 2012 V6 Premium we just acquired -it doesn't handle quite as well as the 2007 GT we traded in.

Suggestions that won't break the bank but are effective? :worship :worship :worship

Thanks!

HAPPY 4th everyone...stay safe :wavey

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
How big is your bank?

FRPP makes a handling package that you can pick up for about $1100. It has lowering springs, shocks and struts, sway bars and a strut tower brace.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Suspension upgrades are a great upgrade for personal satisfaction. In fact, it's the part I love about my Mustang.

CAI is a good investment for fuel savings & performance gain for the price. I did some math and IF you drive your vehicle the same before and after the CAI install, it will pay for itself in about 50k miles of usage.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How big is your bank?

FRPP makes a handling package that you can pick up for about $1100. It has lowering springs, shocks and struts, sway bars and a strut tower brace.
If I had it to do over I would chose the FRPP package too. Good price. No guess work if it will all fit. Spring rates set for the V6.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How big is your bank?

I wish I had gone with the FRPP package. Good price. Every piece you need. No guess work if parts will fit. Spring rates set for the V6.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone using the FRPP handlling pack? Opinions? Looking for some suspensions upgrades as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was looking at the FRPP pkg. too. But, it says it's for the coupe, does not fit the convertible. Does anyone know why that would be? I would really like the covenience of having the full package without guesswork. Also, anyone using the FRPP N springs out there? Any pix of your car after the install? I am curious to see the car lowered with them. I was looking at the Steeda Unltra-Lites also.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I was looking at the FRPP pkg. too. But, it says it's for the coupe, does not fit the convertible. Does anyone know why that would be? I would really like the covenience of having the full package without guesswork. Also, anyone using the FRPP N springs out there? Any pix of your car after the install? I am curious to see the car lowered with them. I was looking at the Steeda Unltra-Lites also.
Verts are heavier with more weight on the rear wheels.

It'd probably work okay even though it says it won't.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Seems to me the extra weight on the rear wheels could be an advantage. A bit of ballast for the FRPP, provided there are no fitment issues of any kind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts