Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've got a 2012 v6 (ingot silver) that has ugly rocker panel stripes on it- they're getting taken off in two days. I don't like them because almost every ingot silver newer Mustang I've seen has them (in black like mine), and the reflective silver mustang lettering on my front windshield and the running pony on the back I added sort of cause the black to clash. Plus, the black plastic under the rocker panels add enough black.

My question is, IF I get racing stripes (cop catchers, I know), what color should I get? I'll probably get them here--> ON SALE * Graphic Express - 2010 2011 2012 Mustang Lemans Racing Stripes - Deluxe - Hardtop - No Hood Scoop - Low Wing Models

I'm girly in some respects despite my tomboy ways, but don't think I'd get the pink/magenta. Maybe the sapphire blue, royal purple, dark blue metallic or light blue metallic.. any thoughts? I appreciate it! ;) Colors---> Graphic-express - Color Chart and Color Sample Ordering

Here's a pic of Samson as he is now.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I like the Teal or Olympic Blue (non-metalic) but it's an opinion thing. I also think it's cool you gave you car a boys name...

·
Registered
933 Posts
I almost bought the Ingot Silver and had plans to install the double 10 or 12" OTT stripes in Grabber Blue.. I saw a Pic of a GT500 with that combo and thought it looked sharp.. bought the Grabber Blue car instead and if I decided to do the OTT stripes it would be metallic silver or white..

:bigthumbsup

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Hello all,

I've got a 2012 v6 (ingot silver) that has ugly rocker panel stripes on it- they're getting taken off in two days. I don't like them because almost every ingot silver newer Mustang I've seen has them (in black like mine), and the reflective silver mustang lettering on my front windshield and the running pony on the back I added sort of cause the black to clash. Plus, the black plastic under the rocker panels add enough black.

My question is, IF I get racing stripes (cop catchers, I know), what color should I get? I'll probably get them here--> ON SALE * Graphic Express - 2010 2011 2012 Mustang Lemans Racing Stripes - Deluxe - Hardtop - No Hood Scoop - Low Wing Mod
I'm girly in some respects despite my tomboy ways, but don't think I'd get the pink/magenta. Maybe the sapphire blue, royal purple, dark blue metallic or light blue metallic.. any thoughts? I appreciate it! ;) Colors---> Graphic-express - Color Chart and Color Sample Ordering

I sent you a PM today.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I almost bought the Ingot Silver and had plans to install the double 10 or 12" OTT stripes in Grabber Blue.. I saw a Pic of a GT500 with that combo and thought it looked sharp.. bought the Grabber Blue car instead and if I decided to do the OTT stripes it would be metallic silver or white..

:bigthumbsup

+1 on the grabber blue stripes, and then go for some black rims. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
You going to keep the black side tape stripe?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm putting Vista Blue lemans stripes in mine after the GT500 spoiler gets painted and installed, already ordered the grabber pony shift ball in ignot silver with Vista Blue engraving. Also going to have a custom shop paint various trim pieces in the interior Vista Blue as well.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I would do a stripe delete on the side, gives a more clean look. Overall, I wouldn't even bother putting a stripe. I would get some black wheels and do some other appearance mods. Adding too much doesn't translate into a good thing either. What look are you going for?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't like stickers on cars. No matter what shape or size. The only way I would put strips on my car is if they were painted.

On that color I would do ghost strips. Either smoke or blue.

What car? :shigrin

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No no no, I think you're misunderstanding. I'm getting the ugly black stripes (on the sides/rocker panels) with the mustang lettering REMOVED. I hate that everyone has them and think it would look cleaner as a straight silver on the sides. BUT I was thinking about MAYBE getting some racing stripes, and was asking about what color might look unique on ingot silver. I've seen the black/white racing stripes on silver, and the pink is TOO girly.. so I was thinking turquoise/teal, royal purple, or blue..

:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would do a stripe delete on the side, gives a more clean look. Overall, I wouldn't even bother putting a stripe. I would get some black wheels and do some other appearance mods. Adding too much doesn't translate into a good thing either. What look are you going for?

Yeah, that's what I already said I'm doing.. :p

I'm going for unique, and clean. And maybe a hint of girly to go with my tomboy attitude ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
2013 Ford Flame blue code SZ

I had the stupid rocker stripes, gone now. I have the factor black vinyl rally stripes as well. They look nice but I saw a ingot silver cobra with blue rally strips and I gotta have them! The nice metallic electric blue on the 2013 ford truck is called flame blue, paint code SZ. I am going with that or Daytona blue like the Nissan 300. Not sure how grabber blue would look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts