Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 2012 v6 Premium coupe in lava red. My first mod was to install the air raid CAI and now I want to focus on appearance. I want to change the grille but I'm confused as to what fits the V6 premium. Has anyone with a V6 premium changed their grille's here? Do you need to install the V6 base bumper in order to install a new grille?

·
Registered
356 Posts
So I recently bought a 2012 v6 Premium coupe in lava red. My first mod was to install the air raid CAI and now I want to focus on appearance. I want to change the grille but I'm confused as to what fits the V6 premium. Has anyone with a V6 premium changed their grille's here? Do you need to install the V6 base bumper in order to install a new grille?
Welcome to the forum. One place to start looking is here.
2010-2014 Mustang Grilles at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Post up the one you decide to go with, I'm tired of trying to keep all those honeycombs clean on the stock grille. :nogrinner

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wish they would make a lower billet grill that matches the decision of the upper grill on my '11 MCA Stang. I dislike the honeycomb!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So just an update.
I've been searching for an answer to my question and can't seem to find one. The overlay grilles don't work on the v6 with a pony package so I don't know what to do. It seems my only option is to either by the gt bumper and install a different grille from there but theres no way i'm paying that much cash for cosmetic changes. I guess i have to live with these dirt collecting honey combs.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
@jackheid. As far as I know, and I've been looking for 2 years, there are no grille options for Pony Package models. I think we have to get a hold of a stock grille and cut the pony out, even then, its only an overlay. I just blacked mine out.

There is also the option of paying $200+ for the v6 MCA grille directly from Ford.

·
Banned
293 Posts
@jackheid. As far as I know, and I've been looking for 2 years, there are no grille options for Pony Package models. I think we have to get a hold of a stock grille and cut the pony out, even then, its only an overlay. I just blacked mine out.

There is also the option of paying $200+ for the v6 MCA grille directly from Ford.
Or you could get the 2012 GT/CS grille (the same as the MCA except black) for $400 crazy.gif

I too have just plastidipped my pony and it acheives nearly the same look as the 2012 GT/CS from ~5 feet away

·
Registered
550 Posts
I changed the whole bumper on my car. I got the GT bumper from newtakeoff.com, the billet grille from cervimi's, and the grille surround trim from the dealership. $750 total to change to a black billet grille without using an overlay.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts