Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to wrap up my first GT purchase and was ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 GT Premium. Auto, Electronics Package, Brembo Package, RR Sensing for a grand total of $37,004. The dealer also presented an option to go with the 2012 GT, no Brembos, but everything else plus glass roof and rear camera for $36,000 and will pay to ship the GT to Hawaii where I am. If I go with the 2013 I pay to ship myself. Based on all of the above, would you still go with the 2013 or take the better deal on the 2012?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
2012 Bro

I'd get the 12 it will be fine, less computer problems. In the 13's the
Stang's are getting very hard to tune for power.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cite your sources -- this is false. BAMA, Brenspeed, Diablo, Steeda and Ford Racing ALL have tunes for this car. Several users here use these tunes on their 2013's with no issues and nice gains.

Having said that -- there's not a whole lot of difference between the 2012 and the 2013's. You have the new style grill. Some folks say that it looks too Mustang II for them. Also you get the LED rear lights and (my favorite) the pony projection lights :hihi: (which I love shamelessly) Other than that there really are no differences. It all comes down to your opinion of the aesthetic. Which one do you think looks better to you? That's the one you should go with.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That is absolutely false and inaccurate........

·
Registered
388 Posts
My Ford dealer parked two side by side a 2012 and 2013 . I liked the look of the 2013 better the lights the front end all of it. So at that point I placed my order that day and waited for my 2013 . Which I now have . Also I traded my 2012 Lava Red GT in for my 2013 when it came:bigthumbsup. Both cars are nice but I like the hid lights and the comfort and electronics package that I ordered. And i love the whimsical iconic look of the Pony Projection lights:yup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I went through this but with a used 2012. With a new 2012 if you can get past the 13 looks (some people prefer 11-12 look and some people like the 13 looks) you could base it on the rebate too.

3000 for a 12 vs only 1000 for a 13.

2k more off the price

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Cite your sources -- this is false. BAMA, Brenspeed, Diablo, Steeda and Ford Racing ALL have tunes for this car. Several users here use these tunes on their 2013's with no issues and nice gains.

Having said that -- there's not a whole lot of difference between the 2012 and the 2013's. You have the new style grill. Some folks say that it looks too Mustang II for them. Also you get the LED rear lights and (my favorite) the pony projection lights :hihi: (which I love shamelessly) Other than that there really are no differences. It all comes down to your opinion of the aesthetic. Which one do you think looks better to you? That's the one you should go with.
11 & 12's tail lights are also led.

·
Registered
125 Posts
$1,500 here California, rebate! Go 2013, to me the 2012 looks dated... :worshipThe 13 has the muslce car look, the hood is way cool!!!:grinroll::rockwoot:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'd go 12 any day of the week. To me the 13 looks a tiny bit cartoonish. The 12 looks more clean and classic. depends on what you want I guess.
If you don't have a strong preference either way, then you real question is glass roof or brembos? I'd take glass roof (which I actually did.)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Man, hard choice. But the glass roof is so nice! and it's cheaper...I have a 12 and like the look of the 13's more, but you're paying more for less. I'd honestly go with the 12 in this case.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The price difference is so close I would not make that a factor at all.

Plus you have to consider does a grand more even matter at all when you are getting a year newer model?

I have a feeling this is so hard because the car you like appearance-wise is not the same one you like best equipment-wise.

If so, there's always choice C, it doesn't have to be one or the other of those two cars. I'm sure there's still a reasonably good selection of '12s out there if that was the one you like best, or if it was the '13 just order and get exactly what you want.

Good luck, let us know what you end up with! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am trying to wrap up my first GT purchase and was ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 GT Premium. Auto, Electronics Package, Brembo Package, RR Sensing for a grand total of $37,004. The dealer also presented an option to go with the 2012 GT, no Brembos, but everything else plus glass roof and rear camera for $36,000 and will pay to ship the GT to Hawaii where I am. If I go with the 2013 I pay to ship myself. Based on all of the above, would you still go with the 2013 or take the better deal on the 2012?
No brainer your only paying $1000 more for 13 that is worth good $10,000 more then 12!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, signed papers today for the 2013 GT Premium. Sterling Grey, Charcoal Interior, Auto (bad knee or would have loved manual)Electronics Pkg, RR Sensing, Brembo Pkg. At 57 years old and after owning BMW's for years, I am like a teenager buying his first car. Thanks to everyone for your input.:bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
If for no other reason get the 12 for the glass roof and the shipping...

Just do it:bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Well, signed papers today for the 2013 GT Premium. Sterling Grey, Charcoal Interior, Auto (bad knee or would have loved manual)Electronics Pkg, RR Sensing, Brembo Pkg. At 57 years old and after owning BMW's for years, I am like a teenager buying his first car. Thanks to everyone for your input.:bigthumbsup
If for no other reason get the 12 for the glass roof and the shipping...

Just do it:bigthumbsup
^That's what I get for not scrolling all the way down before replying^

Congrats on the new 'stang:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
congrats on the choice -- I bet you would have been happy either way. You cant lose really.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Congrats and no need to explain the auto to me... I know how to drive a manual just fine but after having 3 cars in a row with 5 speeds the thrill was gone. I also spend alot of time in ugly 3 and 4 lanes each direction bumper to bumper city traffic and sometimes the evasive manuevers required by that are so hairy I'd hate to imagine factoring shifting into the equation as well. No thank you!

Plus, naughty me, your automatic is made in Livonia, Michigan, USA! :bigthumbsup

Post pictures when you get a chance!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats post pics

1 - 20 of 25 Posts