Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long name for a color...anyway, I found one I liked, but I havent seen it in person yet. Anyone seen the color? They have already applied a non-negotiable color protectant package, for $399. Otherwise, their price is good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There's a pair of GT/CS's here in Calgary in the Yellow Blaze. At first I didn't really like the colour, it looked too much like beer to me. But with every visit I make to the dealership in the process of ordering, purchasing, and soon picking up my Mustang I see it and like it more and more.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Yellow Blaze looks great, lots of metallic in it. Sun makes it look really wild.

Tell the dealer to stick the paint protectant in his left ear.

If they won't back down then walk away, there are other cars out there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I love yellow blaze - seen a lowered 5.0 yellow blaze in person and its an awesome color. If i would have known how good that color would have looked in person i would have gotten it for sure over SG. This color is the most underated color ever, its a gorgeous yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yellow Blaze looks great, lots of metallic in it. Sun makes it look really wild.

Tell the dealer to stick the paint protectant in his left ear.

If they won't back down then walk away, there are other cars out there.
3 years 36k miles

Paint protection: covers
*Weather Induced Fading
*Loss of gloss

Fabric Protection: covers
*Stains caused by food or drink
*Protection of cloth, leather, and vinyl

Etch Number:
*Acid engraved number
*Auto Theft Protection
*Rental Car Reimbursement
*Up to $2500 if car is not recovered within 30 days of theft.

Nothing I would choose to buy, but maybe I can live with it :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love yellow blaze - seen a lowered 5.0 yellow blaze in person and its an awesome color. If i would have known how good that color would have looked in person i would have gotten it for sure over SG. This color is the most underated color ever, its a gorgeous yellow.
Wow, that looks nice with black wheels. Maybe a black stripe too :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I usually hate yellow but this color is the exception. It is a better yellow than any of the other manufactures offer on their cars. I have seen the blaze several times in person. The $499 option probably steers some away but the paint process is more involved. That $399 paint protection is only worth it if it is free. Don't let any dealer BS you.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I've seen one in person and it's a neat color. A couple of people on the board (check out the who ordered a 2012 thread) have recently taken delivery of GTs with 64M wheels which I thought made a pretty hot combo. I'm partial to those wheels though of course. :winks

+1 on telling them what to do with the BS paint protection package, people falling for that kind of s*** when out in the 80s. If they are not flexible about it tell them that you hope they and their paint protection package will be very happy together. :winks

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
3 years 36k miles

*Weather Induced Fading
*Loss of gloss

Etch Number:
*Acid engraved number
*Auto Theft Protection

Are you getting the car for invoice or less?

Tell them that's fine, you'll take the package but they need to knock another $400 off the price of the car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you getting the car for invoice or less?

Tell them that's fine, you'll take the package but they need to knock another $400 off the price of the car.
I think its because of XPLAN, they can only charge $75 for doc fee so they are trying to make up for that :)

The price is less than invoice, yes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yellow blaze is a sweet color. At first your like WTF, but it grows on you quickly. After 2 or 3 times seeing that color I fell in love with it

·
Registered
100 Posts
When my wife and I first saw this color we fell in love with it. My car sat on the lot for almost five months before I bought it. The dealer said it was not a popular color and was a tough sell. The other ford dealer in my area has had a six cylinder Blaze yellow for even longer. The color changes in the sun and really is nice. Here are some pics of mine. Tons of metal flake in the paint.

Tell the dealer too bad on the protection warranty, every thing is negotiable. Don't pay it no matter what!

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
3 years 36k miles

*Weather Induced Fading
*Loss of gloss

Etch Number:
*Acid engraved number
*Auto Theft Protection

It's just an overpriced insurance policy. I bought mine on X-Plan, just find another dealer that doesn't add crap like that.
I saw the Yellow Blaze in person and I like it. Almost too subtle for me, coming from a Grabber Blue owner :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When my wife and I first saw this color we fell in love with it. My car sat on the lot for almost five months before I bought it. The dealer said it was not a popular color and was a tough sell. The other ford dealer in my area has had a six cylinder Blaze yellow for even longer. The color changes in the sun and really is nice. Here are some pics of mine. Tons of metal flake in the paint.

Tell the dealer too bad on the protection warranty, every thing is negotiable. Don't pay it no matter what!
Wow, great pics!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I sold cars and all those add ons are worthless. Paint sealant, what a joke. Fabric protector, can of Scotch Guard $7.99. Glass etching, total scam. We would make a fortune on that stuff and laugh at the customers behind their backs when they left. Don't even get me started on the Nitrogen in the tires scam. Tell them you wont pay for any of them, "doc" fees either.

Here's how you buy the car. Get the invoice price. Add $500 plus taxes and registration and that is your "out the door price". No trades! Tell the dealer, he needs to sell the car, you don't NEED to buy it! Tell him somebody will sell you the car at your price, he just needs to decide if it's going to be him. If they balk at your offer, walk out. As you're walking out tell them if they change their mind, call. Don't even bother to call you if it's a price other than yours. Also tell them you are going to the next FORD dealer around the corner, and go. somebody will sell you the car at your price. remember you don't NEED the car, but they actually need to sell them. It's what they do. Walking out is the strongest negotiation tactic you have. Good luck

1 - 20 of 43 Posts