Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2013 GT and loved the power but it just wasn't enough I guess... So I decided to do a lil bit of modding and the next thing I know I have a hell of a machine.

Build list:

JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
BBK 85mm throttle body
Boss intake manifold
Borla XR1 longtubes
Borla Offroad xpipe
Borla ATAK Catback exhaust system
Sct programmer w/ Bama tunes
J&M lower control arms
BMR relocation brackets
Steeda adjustable upper control arm
Eibach swaybars front and rear
Eibach coilovers
Saleen big brake kit for the front
Vossen 20x9/20x10.5 CV3 matte black wheels
Nitto Invo tires
RTR front and rear kit
Roush side skirts
Cervini's window scoops
And Ford Racing 3.73 gears

Haven't dynoed yet but I can't wait to see the numbers!!! I have to say that these mods are worth every penny. But now I've come to the conclusion that it's not quite completed... Any suggestions on the next upgrade?! Spray kit will be in soon along with front suspension mods and slicks/skinnies.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow, truly jealous of your build! The list looks awesome, but upload some actual pictures of the car!

·
Registered
117 Posts
So you didn't get the car with 3.73's to begin with? What I've heard is there isn't much difference between 3.73's and 3.55's in terms of really getting punched in the back. If I was going all track, I'd probably go with something even higher. My 3.73 car digs out of the hole pretty damned great, I will say that.

Definitely have to see pics of your machine!

·
Registered
102 Posts
If your budget permits I would personally install a supercharger kit. I would stay away from nitrous in my own opinion. If you want to use nitrous I would re-build the bottom end for that. Post some pics of the ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you didn't get the car with 3.73's to begin with? What I've heard is there isn't much difference between 3.73's and 3.55's in terms of really getting punched in the back. If I was going all track, I'd probably go with something even higher. My 3.73 car digs out of the hole pretty damned great, I will say that.

Definitely have to see pics of your machine!
Mine is an automatic so the 3.73 gears were a must. Didn't like the "Lamborghini gearing" all that much lol... I'm trying to upload some photos but its not working to well :/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your budget permits I would personally install a supercharger kit. I would stay away from nitrous in my own opinion. If you want to use nitrous I would re-build the bottom end for that. Post some pics of the ride.
I'll only do a 50-75 spray so it shouldn't be too bad on the motor...

I'd love to add a supercharger but I'm very interested to see what turbo set ups come out within the next year. I know there are a couple out already but I'm not quite convinced there dependable jmo though

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
With that kind of money you probably could have just got a good used boss or gt500

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
With that kind of money you probably could have just got a good used boss or gt500

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
i still say nothing like a new car.
Also, now he can truely call his car his. It is exactly what he wants

·
Administrator
13,277 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
try using just regular safari and not whatever app that keeps appearing in your posts. LOL, installed tons of kick ass mods and getting defeated by an apple iphone! (Sorry couldn't resists:myhappydance::shigrin)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i still say nothing like a new car.
Also, now he can truely call his car his. It is exactly what he wants
Some quick math says he could have gotten a 2013 GT500 ($55k) for the price of a '13 GT + all those parts. But it does sound like a really nice list of mods and one helluva car. I just wish we could see it.:winks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Any chance you could upload an exhaust video? I've been wanting hear a full Borla setup for some time... :gringreen

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Bought my 2013 GT and loved the power but it just wasn't enough I guess... So I decided to do a lil bit of modding and the next thing I know I have a hell of a machine.

Build list:

JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
BBK 85mm throttle body
Boss intake manifold
Borla XR1 longtubes
Borla Offroad xpipe
Borla ATAK Catback exhaust system
Sct programmer w/ Bama tunes
J&M lower control arms
BMR relocation brackets
Steeda adjustable upper control arm
Eibach swaybars front and rear
Eibach coilovers
Saleen big brake kit for the front
Vossen 20x9/20x10.5 CV3 matte black wheels
Nitto Invo tires
RTR front and rear kit
Roush side skirts
Cervini's window scoops
And Ford Racing 3.73 gears

Haven't dynoed yet but I can't wait to see the numbers!!! I have to say that these mods are worth every penny. But now I've come to the conclusion that it's not quite completed... Any suggestions on the next upgrade?! Spray kit will be in soon along with front suspension mods and slicks/skinnies.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Matteaser21,

Wow this is an awesome build. You have to one of the most modded 13's to date!

Your future mods look great as well. A 100-150shot will be perfect for your coyote motor! That will but you deep into the low 10's in the quarter mile.

Keep up the great work and let me know if you have any questions! I'll keep my eyes open for the pictures, I can't wait to see your ride.

-Dan

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some quick math says he could have gotten a 2013 GT500 ($55k) for the price of a '13 GT + all those parts. But it does sound like a really nice list of mods and one helluva car. I just wish we could see it.:winks
55K? not where I live LOL...probably come out about 10K more where I live.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts