Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i believe there are 4 catalytic converters on the 2013 mustang gt. my question is if i remove the last two and replace them with the outlaw mufflers by flowmaster, is this going to mess up the tune or when it gets inspected. if anyone has any info that would be great. i want to do this because i want them mid mounted, i feel this always sounds better then the axleback style.

G

·
0 Posts
Only two cats. You can cut out the resonators and either install straight pipe(2.75"dia) or install some Dynomax race bullets as a higher flowing resonator substitute like another member here has done. Anything after the cats will not affect the tune in any way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the info. I had no idea that is what it was.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys think i should place my mufflers right there. I had my 08 mid mounted and it sounded great with no drown. Do the flowmasters outlaw series have a bad drown.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you guys think i should place my mufflers right there. I had my 08 mid mounted and it sounded great with no drown. Do the flowmasters outlaw series have a bad drown.

yes flowmaster oulaw do drone. but they sound really loud which i liked.
ur best choice for a no drone muffler is probably the roush which i have now and im in love with.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
yeah there are only two as said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts