Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So early this month I was in two accidents with my GT/CS. The first accident wasn't my fault. Someone decided to merge into my lane not caring that I was there. Crunched up my side scoop and mirror. When I was trying to get the person's insurance information he offered me $70 to settle. Thankfully I was smart enough not to accept, got his insurance to take care of it, and had the car repaired like new.

Less then a week after I got the car back, I went off the road in the snow. My car would have been fine if it wasn't for a metal sign right where I went off. The metal rod went though my bumper, headlight, radiator support, and out of my driver side fender. Also bent my rim pretty bad. I definitely learned the importance of good tires in the snow.

Anyways, the body shop I go to is fantastic. Everything is taken care of except for one part. The front bumper. Apparently no one anywhere stocks an OEM front bumper for the 2013/14 GT/CS. My contact at the body shop is telling me that they are on back order and are waiting on Ford to make new ones? I have had my car for about 3 days this year and the only thing preventing me from getting it back is that bumper.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Does anyone have any ideas of where else I can look for a bumper? Can anyone help with this? It is a huge pain not having my car.

Thanks!

Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Tire Automotive tire Rim Vehicle Auto part

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,589 Posts
I would say the only thing they are waiting on is the Lower Valance, it is the only thing different on the bumper. Number 24 in the Picture

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about that, they do look the same. I wonder if the valance is what the shop meant. I should get back in touch with them. Thanks!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I call bs on the body shop check out autonation. Com aka tousley ford parts. As for the first person hitting you id slap the piss out his face for offering $70. If someone ever hits your car or dings it. Do not accept money on the spot because it might cost more than yiu think to repair down the road. Always get insurance involved. .. also dont give people benefit of the doubt. I got burned once.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Here is the link to the bumper ots like $200https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/parts/2013/FORD/Mustang/GT?siteid=214771&vehicleid=381695&diagram=JC10021

·
Registered
627 Posts
Fyi latemodelrestroation or american muscle carries the cs splitter

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like I will be calling up the body shop first thing tomorrow!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The body shop is telling me that both the damaged bumper cover and fender are on back order. His contact at Ford Parts are saying this and that the GT/CS is different than the GT. I don't really see how though.

Is there anyone out there from Ford who can give me a definitive answer one way or another? Is a fender and bumper cover for a 2013 GT/CS different at all from a normal GT? Are the parts actually on back order?

·
Registered
627 Posts
There the same dude. There probably telling you this because 11-12 cs didnt have 5.0 emblems with holes in the fender. Its the same body. Have your shop call autonation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I believe you but the body shop isn't doing anything for me. They are telling me that the dealership they get their parts from is insisting they are different parts. I got a hold of Deysha though via PM and I am just starting to get some help from that end.

G

·
Yeah, I believe you but the body shop isn't doing anything for me. They are telling me that the dealership they get their parts from is insisting they are different parts. I got a hold of Deysha though via PM and I am just starting to get some help from that end.
Thanks for the info, adampiecubed3. I'll get back to you soon.

Deysha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts