Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had the Borla S-Type axleback on since the day I bought it, but once I heard I could hook up the Boss H-pipe and side pipes while still maintaining the Borlas, I was sold. I installed the Boss exhaust last night, which was pretty simple to do. I also removed the air restrictor plates on the side pipes. I was not too thrilled about having this awesome exhaust flow through a hole half the size of a dime; definitely glad I removed them! Definitely added a louder, but deeper tone to the exhaust. Check out the video and let me know what you think!

2013 Mustang GT Boss Quad Exhaust with Borla S-Type - YouTube

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sounds great - nice combo. I'm thinking about the boss side exhaust too, so it was cool to hear it with the borlas

·
Registered
605 Posts
Very nice! I'm sitting here in the garage looking at my S-types on the floor and getting ready to put them on. In 2 weeks, I'll have my MRT Boss H-pipe on.
Did u get the stock H or aftermarket? It sounds like the stock since the bigger aftermarkets are a little deeper. But it does sound mean! Congrads.:smilie

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I imagine it's the stock since it came from Ford Racing (purchased on AM), but still sounds sweet. It's even better in person. Definitely a deeper tone than it was with just the Borla axlebacks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So I've had the Borla S-Type axleback on since the day I bought it, but once I heard I could hook up the Boss H-pipe and side pipes while still maintaining the Borlas, I was sold. I installed the Boss exhaust last night, which was pretty simple to do. I also removed the air restrictor plates on the side pipes. I was not too thrilled about having this awesome exhaust flow through a hole half the size of a dime; definitely glad I removed them! Definitely added a louder, but deeper tone to the exhaust. Check out the video and let me know what you think!

2013 Mustang GT Boss Quad Exhaust with Borla S-Type - YouTube
IMO... it sounds TOO good to have that setup as a daily driver... that sound is so narly, I would want to save it for the Friday - Sunday enjoyment -- cap the restrictor plates Monday - Thursday... just so you could look forward to letting the Beast free on the weekend.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I imagine it's the stock since it came from Ford Racing (purchased on AM), but still sounds sweet. It's even better in person. Definitely a deeper tone than it was with just the Borla axlebacks.

I'm pasting a link below to a guy who makes the block plates with different size holes for your preference. It beats buying the factory plates for $10 a piece and drilling the holes youeself. Enjoy!
2012/2013 BOSS 302 Side Pipe Exhaust Discs For Sale

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO... it sounds TOO good to have that setup as a daily driver... that sound is so narly, I would want to save it for the Friday - Sunday enjoyment -- cap the restrictor plates Monday - Thursday... just so you could look forward to letting the Beast free on the weekend.
Haha, thanks. Believe me, it is a sound I look forward to hearing all the time!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pasting a link below to a guy who makes the block plates with different size holes for your preference. It beats buying the factory plates for $10 a piece and drilling the holes youeself. Enjoy!
2012/2013 BOSS 302 Side Pipe Exhaust Discs For Sale
The system came with the factory plates, but I chose not to include them. My setup is running full airflow to both the side and back pipes, the only way I would have it! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got the s type cat back. Undeniably the best sounding exhaust I've ever owned. I love it.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
It's a great addition, I did it a few months ago and they sound awesome with the Ford racing Sport MSVTLA's. Thanks for sharing! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got the s type cat back. Undeniably the best sounding exhaust I've ever owned. I love it.
I would have gone with the full catback if it had the option for an H-pipe. I know an X-pipe is better for performance, but I prefer the deeper sound of an H-pipe. I'm glad you're happy with your setup though!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a great addition, I did it a few months ago and they sound awesome with the Ford racing Sport MSVTLA's. Thanks for sharing! :bigthumbsup
Awesome. I'm glad I did it, definitely brings this car to life!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very nice! I'm sitting here in the garage looking at my S-types on the floor and getting ready to put them on. In 2 weeks, I'll have my MRT Boss H-pipe on.
Did u get the stock H or aftermarket? It sounds like the stock since the bigger aftermarkets are a little deeper. But it does sound mean! Congrads.:smilie
Share with us the MRT setup...I've been eyeing an h pipe from them for a me months now!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I've been running this set up on my 11'GT for 8 months now and it never gets old! Window down cruising is a must!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Share with us the MRT setup...I've been eyeing an h pipe from them for a me months now!
I sure will. I just did a post asking if the S-types get louder. I came back from driving windows after install today and they are quiet! I've heard other peoples cars with them and they sounded much louder.
The MRT H will take care of that. I plan on using the 3/4" hole in the block off plate. I can't wait!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been running this set up on my 11'GT for 8 months now and it never gets old! Window down cruising is a must!
Awesome! You're right, never gets old!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sure will. I just did a post asking if the S-types get louder. I came back from driving windows after install today and they are quiet! I've heard other peoples cars with them and they sounded much louder.
The MRT H will take care of that. I plan on using the 3/4" hole in the block off plate. I can't wait!
My S-types by themselves were pretty loud at startup and when I hit the gas, but relatively quiet at idle and cruise. With the Boss exhaust, it's definitely louder, but not crazy when I'm at idle and cruise. Did you drill the hole on the back of the mufflers so you don't get a water buildup?

·
Registered
605 Posts
My S-types by themselves were pretty loud at startup and when I hit the gas, but relatively quiet at idle and cruise. With the Boss exhaust, it's definitely louder, but not crazy when I'm at idle and cruise. Did you drill the hole on the back of the mufflers so you don't get a water buildup?
See my recent post today about the Borla S for the full answer.

·
Registered
549 Posts
dammit, i wish i didnt stumble upon this lol. Sounds so good. More vids plz, preferably up close.:yup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dammit, i wish i didnt stumble upon this lol. Sounds so good. More vids plz, preferably up close.:yup:
lol I will do what I can. FYI, buyfordracing.com has this for $699, which is the cheapest; however, AM will price match.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts