Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Kooks catback

Votes: 9 33.3%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone. I've watched the videos on YouTube and I just cant decide. I've already made up my mind. Its either going to be the Borla ATAK catback or the Kooks catback. I want a nice deep muscle car rumble! Both sound awesome to me! I want nice and loud when I step on it but i want a nice clean rumble on idle. I dont want to wake up the neighbors but I dont mind turning a few heads :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can you give us the two youtube links that made you decide on these two? That way we can all listen and vote.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Borla sounds AWESOME! Very muscular and sinister.

I didn't want to spend a ton on my exhaust so I just had a muffler delete done at the local muffler shop for $40

The Kooks in the video sound identical to my car. I love the way my car sounds but I can't imagine paying a bunch of money for an exhaust that sounds like a $40 muffler delete.

Bottom line, the Borla is next level. The Kooks sound good but the Borla sounds like the quality tuned sound I would expect if I were dropping my hard earned money.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Highly recommend GT500 axle backs. Great deep rumbling sound,
like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse at full gallop.
-wfpostle-

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Borla sounds AWESOME! Very muscular and sinister.

I didn't want to spend a ton on my exhaust so I just had a muffler delete done at the local muffler shop for $40

The Kooks in the video sound identical to my car. I love the way my car sounds but I can't imagine paying a bunch of money for an exhaust that sounds like a $40 muffler delete.

Bottom line, the Borla is next level. The Kooks sound good but the Borla sounds like the quality tuned sound I would expect if I were dropping my hard earned money.
I agree! Borla has always sounded more muscular. I've always like Borla. It's also nice that Borla worked with Shelby.

I've got two votes for Borla. Keep them coming. :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
I heard the kooks for the first time in person Today and they sounded very good. You would not go wrong with them IMO.

I have never heard the Atak's in person so I can't comment on them, but, I just had the touring mufflers installed and I freakin luv them.

borla Touring - YouTube

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard the kooks for the first time in person Today and they sounded very good. You would not go wrong with them IMO.

I have never heard the Atak's in person so I can't comment on them, but, I just had the touring mufflers installed and I freakin luv them.

Where the Kooks loud at all? I just don't want anything too quite.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The kooks IMO compared more to the S-Type then the Ataks. I thought the bass note was a tad deeper than the Borla S. It sounded very good. The Ataks will be louder if your looking for the loudest.

If your thnking about doing headers down the road, you may want to factor that into your decision.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The kooks IMO compared more to the S-Type then the Ataks. I thought the bass note was a tad deeper than the Borla S. It sounded very good. The Ataks will be louder if your looking for the loudest.

If your thnking about doing headers down the road, you may want to factor that into your decision.
Good point! I was thinking of Kooks chatted headers later down the road. I didn't think of that. I know headers would wake up not only the neighbors but all so the city lol. Hmmm…

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Of the two videos I prefer the ATAK's. I have heard them in person and the sound awesome, but not awesome enough to shell out $800 for mufflers IMO. The gt500's sound really good for the price and they are what most revert to, especially when going catless. I am keeping mine, but currently running flowmaster hushpower mufflers (bought cheap and were lightly used) very deep and louder then the gt500's but still like the exhaust note of the gt500's better tbh

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm starting to lean towards the Kooks catback. Once I add headers (Kooks catted h-pipe) I'm sure the exhaust is going to be much louder. The Kooks do sound a bit deeper and throatier. I just want to make sure that I do this the right way the first time. Gosh so much to think about lol. Keep voting people it's a close one…

·
Registered
558 Posts
Alright everyone. I've watched the videos on YouTube and I just cant decide. I've already made up my mind. Its either going to be the Borla ATAK catback or the Kooks catback. I want a nice deep muscle car rumble! Both sound awesome to me! I want nice and loud when I step on it but i want a nice clean rumble on idle. I dont want to wake up the neighbors but I dont mind turning a few heads :bigthumbsup.
Internet vids and 1" computer speakers do not do these exhaust justice. I have GT500 and to me they are pretty loud to the point on not being obnoxiously loud. I know when I drive downtown people think twice before stepping in front of me. :D

I have heard the atak in person, they and the FM hushpower were on my short list. I chose the GT500 because of the rediculas low price (280.00 delivered) and I love there rumble and tone, sounds like a 420 hp v8 to me.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I have the Borla ATAK axelbacks. Just those sound amazing. Everyone that hears them pretty much pisses themselves when I rev the engine. I can't imagine how good the catbacks must sound. I am going to eventually get an x-pipe but man I love the sound of the ATAKs. On a side note, they simply look amazing and I was able to install them myself with a lift in about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I have the Borla ATAK axelbacks. Just those sound amazing. Everyone that hears them pretty much pisses themselves when I rev the engine. I can't imagine how good the catbacks must sound. I am going to eventually get an x-pipe but man I love the sound of the ATAKs. On a side note, they simply look amazing and I was able to install them myself with a lift in about 45 minutes.
I was thinking of the Borla ATAK for a very long time. I think they sound great! My only concern is being too loud when I add headers to my car. Headers wont come for awhile though, I just want make the exhaust purchase once. Thats why I am torn between the two.

I feel that the ATAK has that aggressive growl I'm looking for now, but I also feel like I'd get that with the Kooks once I had the headers...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was thinking of the Borla ATAK for a very long time. I think they sound great! My only concern is being too loud when I add headers to my car. Headers wont come for awhile though, I just want make the exhaust purchase once. Thats why I am torn between the two.

I feel that the ATAK has that aggressive growl I'm looking for now, but I also feel like I'd get that with the Kooks once I had the headers...
It will stupid loud once you get headers, hope you like sounding like you're racing every time you drive. I would get a more muffled exhaust for when you get headers, like the gt500s.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Highly recommend GT500 axle backs. Great deep rumbling sound,
like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse at full gallop.
-wfpostle-
I agree here, I dont believe you will pick up much power with a catback. I just replaced the mufflers for a more muscular sound, you could spend the money better elsewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What would be the sound difference between a full catback vs just the mufflers? I'm not doing this for horsepower reasons, I'm doing it to wake up the sound of my 5.0. After really thinking things trough I realize that the chances of me getting headers is starting to looks slim. I really just want my baby to growl a lot more. I figured that catbacks would help her breath better also, right?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know this is a shot in the dark but does anyone live in the Los Angeles and have either the Borla ATAK or the Kooks catback? I keep watching videos on YouTube and I just don't know what to do lol. I know a lot of you have gone though what I'm going through.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Don't get the attak setup, get the s type. Deeper then the atak and none of the raspy crap sound you get with the atak.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 32 Posts