Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members,

I am new to the forums and this is my first post, English is not my first language so please bare with me if I was not clear enough :).

I have a Mustang GT 2013 MT. I am looking for after market axles that are 31-spline or 33-spline that are direct fit for drag strip racing that can handle hard launches.

I have found some like Strange Axles but they told us that we need to cut/modifying the Axles Housing for it to fit for the C-clips. Yet Moser 31-spline after talking to one representative from a Ford Mustang after market dealer " website " said and I quote " They are direct fitment, no cutting, no modifying ".

I hope anyone can help me with this issue because I don't want to cut/modify anything with the axles housing because they said it might leak. and where I live we don't have any professionals that can modify Mustangs.

Side note: Swapping my transmission for a Tremec T56 Magnum XL with a 4.56 rear gears and true-track Eaton differential to handle hard launches at the drag strip. and of course because my transmission is not going in 3rd at high RPM now, guessing it is the synchronize.

best time at the track is 12.2 @112 Miles with NT05R, Tune, GT500 Mufflers and BMR lower Control arms.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the long topic anim_peep.gif

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I find it hard to believe that you have to cut the housing for the axles to fit. I looked up strange axles on 3 webistes and it didnt say anything about cutting. Thinking about it, there is nothing in the way that needs to be cut on the housings for the c clips to clip. The c clips are in the actual Differential between the spider gears. All axles should be direct fit..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your replay :) .
That is the problem, on the website it doesnt say anything. When we talked to JPC we we getting the 33 spline axles and when we called to confirm the total price of everything I am getting they pointed out the cutting stuff for the C-clips, so i thought the 31-spline should be a direct fit without the cutting but it's the same thing they have said. Cutting the axles tubes is required for the C-clips.

Now we are checking out with lethalperformance for the axles " Moser " they say nothing is required just direct fit. We will see ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solved

dpchug.gif Finally we spoke to Lethalperformance today and I am going with the Moser kit.

I think the strange axles comes with the C-clip eliminator or something like that unlike the mosers which are direct fit.

Thank you :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the 31 Spline Mosers axles, true trac, 4.10 gear, and tremec (2.97). Great combo and all direct fit/replacement!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 31 Spline Mosers axles, true trac, 4.10 gear, and tremec (2.97). Great combo and all direct fit/replacement!
Great :handshake ! That's almost Exactly the same setup I will be running but with a 4.56 Gears :D !

Hope I make it to high 11s with this set up and hard launches.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I would say the axles are, at this time, not the "fuse" in your drivetrain- something else will break first (especially if you keep running those NT05R's...you have a manual, get a slick!!!), probably your clutch or diff, and there's probably not REALLY a need to start upgrading the axles until you make some SERIOUS power.

That being said, I'd probably get the Mosers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts