Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I did a test drive on GT/CS AUTO 3.15 Gears. I am thinking of buying this car.

Factors :- There were two of us in the car, ESC was 'ON', its a bent uneven road, air condition was 'ON' and 87 Octane. It took 7 secs for a 60.

There is a lot of reviews showing a 60 can be made in 4.5 secs. I totally understand factors i mentioned above hinder the performance(0-60 times). Now here is my question, i will give it a 91 Octane, turn off ESC/Air condition and hop on a straight/less windy road, can i a make a 60 in 4.5 secs. I am not confident about it. I think most reviewers did it using a manual and 3.73 Gears. I don't care about how manual transmissions perform because i am not getting it anyway.

Added to my disappointment i did test drive a Camaro 2SS(Automatic with 3.27 Gears) and felt a little quicker. I didn't count the time though. It could just be my feeling and i could be wrong.

I am in the brink and was about to buy the car but after what i saw i am disappointed. Help me with your suggestions/experiences guys. Modding is always an option but i want to see what stock is really capable of.

·
Registered
653 Posts
OP the times you see posted by Motor Trend and such are corrected to good air and the car is driven by a professional.

ESC will not hurt your time, you are spinning too much if it kicks in.

O

·
0 Posts
Hi guys, I did a test drive on GT/CS AUTO 3.15 Gears. I am thinking of buying this car.

Factors :- There were two of us in the car, ESC was 'ON', its a bent uneven road, air condition was 'ON' and 87 Octane. It took 7 secs for a 60.

There is a lot of reviews showing a 60 can be made in 4.5 secs. I totally understand factors i mentioned above hinder the performance(0-60 times). Now here is my question, i will give it a 91 Octane, turn off ESC/Air condition and hop on a straight/less windy road, can i a make a 60 in 4.5 secs. I am not confident about it. I think most reviewers did it using a manual and 3.73 Gears. I don't care about how manual transmissions perform because i am not getting it anyway.

Added to my disappointment i did test drive a Camaro 2SS(Automatic with 3.27 Gears) and felt a little quicker. I didn't count the time though. It could just be my feeling and i could be wrong.

I am in the brink and was about to buy the car but after what i saw i am disappointed. Help me with your suggestions/experiences guys. Modding is always an option but i want to see what stock is really capable of.
I posted this in another thread, and I fully agree with you.

"Which leads to another question. I drove both a manual with the base gear (3.31?) and an automatic. I've read several different sites about the auto being a bit faster than the manual (please no auto vs. manual arguments on this thread), however the automatic didn't seem anywhere as fast as the manual. I had read before that one of the versions of the Mustang (maybe one of the Shelby versions?) didn't really perform well before XXX amount of miles, I guess break in miles was reached. Could this have been the problem? While driving the manual, I was able to get to 65 mph really fast, a lot faster than the auto."
This happened on two different auto's I test drove.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Having driven both an '11 GT automatic and a Camaro SS automatic, I can guarantee you that the Mustang will hand the Camaro its ass. Hell, even my own car will give the Camaro a run for its money.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I also agree the auto SS ain't got a chance and will die a horrible death.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts