Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 5729 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone ordered and received their 2013 mustang GT's yet???? Also, if you have ordered them, how long did it take for you to get your VIN number after your dealer placed the order?

·
Registered
303 Posts
My order was submitted 16 Feb, accepted on 23 Feb, received VIN 3 March, production week 19 March.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ordered mine. Unfortunately Track Pack cars are taking longer. My info is in my Sig.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered mine. Unfortunately Track Pack cars are taking longer. My info is in my Sig.
Why is it that the track pack cars are taking longer? Cause of the different rear end differential? Mine has the track pack too :(

J

·
0 Posts
I placed order 1/23 with a refundable deposit-(I was still awaiting pricing info to be released). Ford Customer Service rep Deysha gave me info for VIN on 3/15 & link for window sticker, which came up on 3/23. Build date is sometime this week (unsure of exact day), with delivery probably late April (I need to confirm that with my local dealer). :racer:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I placed order 1/23 with a refundable deposit-(I was still awaiting pricing info to be released). Ford Customer Service rep Deysha gave me info for VIN on 3/15 & link for window sticker, which came up on 3/23. Build date is sometime this week (unsure of exact day), with delivery probably late April (I need to confirm that with my local dealer). :racer:
What did you order? Gt? Or V6? W/what options?

·
Registered
52 Posts
deposit placed on 2/25. Anxiously awaiting a VIN. Also a track pack car

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not sure exactly when my order was put in to Ford. Things get a bit hazy with the military program I'm using. I put it in to Navy AutoSource early February (that was the earliest they would let me order).
The rest of my dates were/are: VIN: 10 March 2012 / Window Sticker: 28 March 2012 / Build Date: 2 April 2012.
Pretty excited. Hopefully there aren't any delays getting it here (supposed to be here by 19 April).
I've heard of track pack delays, but nothing firm. Does anyone have more info on that? What is the delay for, and how long until the delays are fixed?

·
Registered
404 Posts
If I ordered from the dealer could I get the base model with the Performance Pack and that sweet new glass roof? Or are those JUST for the premium coupes?

F

·
0 Posts
It's ok, Sky Hye! I got you!:gringreen

Why is it that the track pack cars are taking longer? Cause of the different rear end differential? Mine has the track pack too :(
deposit placed on 2/25. Anxiously awaiting a VIN. Also a track pack car
It can take a couple of weeks for your vehicle to schedule, guys. The orders are scheduled based the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. I hope this helps.

Deysha

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I ordered from the dealer could I get the base model with the Performance Pack and that sweet new glass roof? Or are those JUST for the premium coupes?
No, you can only get the glass roof on the premium version.

·
Registered
404 Posts
That doesn't make any sense to me. I read that all the models come rolling down the same line.. V6s, 5.0s, Bosses and even the Shelby.. Why can't they completely customize the car to exactly what a consumer wants? I'm not saying V6 body with Shelby motor etc etc.. but as far as the options go? WTF? This irritates me.

But how sick of a sleeper car would a badge-less V6 looking shell be with the Shelby tech underneath it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That doesn't make any sense to me. I read that all the models come rolling down the same line.. V6s, 5.0s, Bosses and even the Shelby.. Why can't they completely customize the car to exactly what a consumer wants? I'm not saying V6 body with Shelby motor etc etc.. but as far as the options go? WTF? This irritates me.
I totally agree with you! 100% and I complained to my dealer about the same thing when I ordered my base GT. I wanted an exterior option(the CS style spoiler) that is only avalible on the premium... From what he explained they only run 1 type of car down the line at one time like theyll do nothing but v6 bases, then stop those and do GT bases then v6 premiums ect. My dealer said they "wont break the line" to put a premium option on a base order. Basically it's a stupid way to get you to spend more money.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I totally agree with you! 100% and I complained to my dealer about the same thing when I ordered my base GT. I wanted an exterior option(the CS style spoiler) that is only avalible on the premium... From what he explained they only run 1 type of car down the line at one time like theyll do nothing but v6 bases, then stop those and do GT bases then v6 premiums ect. My dealer said they "wont break the line" to put a premium option on a base order. Basically it's a stupid way to get you to spend more money.
Right? You're talking 32k for a Premium V6 with the glass roof and the PP. Thats almost GT w/Brembo. And a Premium 5.0 with the glass and the Brembo/Track Pack is in Boss territory.

Tell the friggin robot to put a glass roof on my V6 coupe! "Can't break the line so you need to break the bank". BS, says I.

And that is not what I read (I think it was in Motor Trend), it said that you could see a plain ol' V6 followed by a Shelby. I know MT is full of **** most of the time but this wasn't a comparo with anything German so..

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right? You're talking 32k for a Premium V6 with the glass roof and the PP. Thats almost GT w/Brembo. And a Premium 5.0 with the glass and the Brembo/Track Pack is in Boss territory.

Tell the friggin robot to put a glass roof on my V6 coupe! "Can't break the line so you need to break the bank". BS, says I.
I'm with you there sir

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
And I'd like to be able to get a $43K Mercedes SLK with the gull-wing doors used on the SLS. Duh... :p

·
Registered
404 Posts
And I'd like to be able to get a $43K Mercedes SLK with the gull-wing doors used on the SLS. Duh... :p

There has to be kits. Because, really, who wouldn't?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My order was placed last week can wait to get it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anybody know when they are supposed to arrive at the dealers to buy off the lot????

1 - 20 of 5729 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.