Ford Mustang Forum banner

2013 seat wiring question, please help

443 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  WhiteBird00
Hey guys, I am working on putting a set of 2013 seats into my 1965 Mustang fastback. I am not using the 2013 seat tracks since they sit too high.

I would like to keep to keep the power lumbar if possible but I am not sure which wires I need to operate it or if it can be operated with a simple on off switch. I am also trying to figure out what wiring is connected to the seat airbag so I can mark or eliminate it so that it does not get connected by accident and deploy somehow, not even sure that is a possibility. I Have searched on Google but haven't come up with many answers. Thanks for the help
See less See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
The lumbar system uses only two wires... power (purple/red) and ground (black). The switch should still be on the seat. It is not a simple on/off (SPST) switch. It's a three position (in-off-out) momentary (DPDT) switch that is designed to reverse polarity to the lumbar motor to move it in and out. Between the switch and the motor there's white/green and brown/purple wires. When the white/green has power and the brown/purple has ground, the lumber moves in. When the power polarity is reversed, the lumber moves out.

The driver seat airbag uses the green/blue and grey/yellow wires. The passenger airbag uses the purple/grey and yellow/orange wires.
See less See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.