Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade the exhaust on my 2013 V6, but there are so many options out there. I'm looking for advice on what to buy. After trading in my 2008 V6 for the 2013 this past spring, I finally have dual exhaust, but the dual stock mufflers don't sound nearly as mean as the single Flowmaster I had on my 2008.

So... I'm trying to find the meanest, most aggressive, low-rumble, sound for my dual exhaust on the 2013.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
468 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Well I was leaning for the FRPP because the seem to have the deeper tone out of the bunch. But I got the Borla-S since I found them way cheaper. If you want loud Borla ATAK seems like the best bet but a bit raspy for my liking I love my S-type decently deep and great tone with out being obnoxiously loud. I don't know about the ATAK but at least the Borla-S you can control the volume depending on your driving style.

· Registered
219 Posts
I got Magnaflow competion cats on mine and i love the sound. Especially after adding in an Airaid cai ... it truly woke up the sound

· Banned
293 Posts
Another vote for the Borla S-Types here. They aren't too loud unless you want them to be and there's absolutely no drone; even with my 3.73s. Listening to the audio clips, the S-Types and FRPP Sports were my favorites (the FRPP are actually made by Borla so they are very similar) but I found the Borlas on sale and American Muscle price matched so I got cheaper shipping and 5 months later, I couldn't be happier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.