Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Mustang for less than a month. The miserable thing has already broken. It started Friday evening. I was driving my car and came to a stop at a red light. When the signal turned green, I proceeded forward. All of a sudden the car violently shifts into another gear. I drive until I find a lot where I can stop for a moment. I let the car sit for a while then turn it on again. When put it into drive, the car shifted in to gear very violently. As I took off it was obvious that the car was not in first or second gear. When I got home I put the car into reverse and again it changed to gear violently. Then next morning I went to the Ford dealership to have them take a look. After two hours, at the dealership, I was told they believe it is a solenoid, but they would not be certain until Monday. After that they set me up with rental car. This has been bugging me all weekend. Needless to say, I absolutely hate my new Mustang. By the way, I've been nothing but gentle with this car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
what the heck is ford doing to the new mustangs :( sorry your having trouble with your new mustang. I love my mustang.. maybe you should get an older model lol.

edit. oops I just saw your signature

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what the heck is ford doing to the new mustangs :( sorry your having trouble with your new mustang. I love my mustang.. maybe you should get an older model lol.

edit. oops I just saw your signature
I actually would love to get rid of this Mustang and get an 2009 GT, but it's not that easy. I honestly don't think I can enjoy my Mustang anymore.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My assumption is that its just a lemon!

Hope the dealership comes back with good news and you can enjoy your car as much as the rest of us :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds like either a bad trans or a problem with you transmission control hardware. These automatics have proven very reliable in general. Have them fix it and be happy you won't have to deal with all the manual transmission issues lol.

Also, babying a car during break-in is all wrong. Drive the car in all manners: slow, fast, hard, soft, through the whole RPM range and all gears. Seat those rings and heat cycle those clutch packs!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
From what you describe it sounds like you have an issue similar to the problem that myself and others have reported. For me, when I am creeping along at less than 10 km/h and I hit the gas, there is a delay followed by a sudden lurch as the torque converter engages violently. I also have a drive train bump whenever I slow down and stop at a stop sign or light. There is a TSB for this problem and they replace the solenoids. I know one person on this forum has had the TSB performed but apparently the fix didn't eliminate the problem completely.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, one problem with your new car and you HATE it and are ready to throw it away???:nono:

SHEESH!!!
I haven't even made the first payment yet. A lot of people would hate their car if it did that with in the first month.

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
There isn"t any car made that is perfect, + there are a lot of parts made by many different manufacturing companies that goes into the Mustang,Ford is fixing your problem,dry your tears and drive and enjoy your car.$hit happens .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a call from the dealership. I was told it was a wire harness issue, and they have no idea when it will be fixed because they don't know when they'll get the part will be in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seriously.

Have you ever owned a car before OP?
So you wouldn't have some hateful feelings towards you car if you bought a bran new that has broken down within the first month? Yes I've owned a car before and it didn't breakdown that soon.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I haven't even made the first payment yet. A lot of people would hate their car if it did that with in the first month.
Well man, these cars and the parts that comprise them are made by humans and are not perfect or infallible, that's why they include a warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I feel for the OP. I know I would be upset as well if it had happened to me. I have worked in the auto service field for almost 30 years and have seen my share of brand new parts fail, some even on the road test. I have towed new cars that have broke down before they even got them home. It happens to all manufacturers and there is nothing we can do about it other than be happy we have a warranty to cover such faults

·
Registered
826 Posts
OP - don't get so frustrated so quick. I'm only made 1-payment on my 2012 so far, adn she's in the shop today with a transmission issue too.

I always tell people that if there is a defect or weak part in something you buy, you're likely going to find it within 30-90 days.

The V6's are seeming to be much more reliable than V8 cars, so once they get this little issue fixed, I would bet you have a mostly trouble free car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I feel for you man - that really does suck.

But there is a lesson to be learned here: Only buy MANUAL Mustangs :winks

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I feel for you man - that really does suck.

But there is a lesson to be learned here: Only buy MANUAL Mustangs :winks
Except we got problems too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OP - don't get so frustrated so quick. I'm only made 1-payment on my 2012 so far, adn she's in the shop today with a transmission issue too.

I always tell people that if there is a defect or weak part in something you buy, you're likely going to find it within 30-90 days.

The V6's are seeming to be much more reliable than V8 cars, so once they get this little issue fixed, I would bet you have a mostly trouble free car.
Sorry to hear about your car too mate. I'm a little more relaxed now. It seems like they won't have to mess with the transmission after all, but they still need to work on the wiring. Hope everything goes well for you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts