Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really dont like the idea of putting a sticky cover over the chrome around the center vents on my dash, but it is blinding me every day in the early afternoon. has anyone seen any covers to help remedy this? or should i remove them and paint or replace with the black ones? any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i really dont like the idea of putting a sticky cover over the chrome around the center vents on my dash, but it is blinding me every day in the early afternoon. has anyone seen any covers to help remedy this? or should i remove them and paint or replace with the black ones? any help would be great.
I'm sure someone here will suggest Plastidip. If you can get them off without damaging them and then put them back on without causing annoying rattles that might be one option. Matte black plastidip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not a big fan of plasti dip. its not very durable. id rather have them dipped with that new fangled process with the pattern on top of the water.. dont know what to call it but if you have seen it youll know. can the vent surrounds be removed?

·
Registered
57 Posts
^ Dude snap.gif

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow! That's amazing. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How freakin' cool is that?!!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Sooner or later I'm going to have my engine covers dipped.....cool stuff in that vid!

C

·
0 Posts
I think making them black and then hydrodipping them would be cool as hell looking. I'd like to see the results of someone doing that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
It isn't just me. I agree. All of the chrome trim in the interior is amazingly good at putting sun in your eyes. I had to break out a roll of electrical tape on a road trip once. Classy, I know.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That is one reason I'm glad I have a base model car with the black surrounds because I don't like the chrome look for one thing and I really don't like it shining in my face. My fiancée's 07 GT premium has the chrome stuff on the dash and it is blinding in certain situations.

I would check and see how much the factory base car dash trim is or see if you can find some in the JY.

Wayne

·
Registered
644 Posts
That is one reason I'm glad I have a base model car with the black surrounds because I don't like the chrome look for one thing and I really don't like it shining in my face. My fiancée's 07 GT premium has the chrome stuff on the dash and it is blinding in certain situations.

I would check and see how much the factory base car dash trim is or see if you can find some in the JY.

Wayne
2011-up base Mustangs have the same chrome trim around vents and such as the Premium cars.

At times, I have also gotten the reflection from the vents. One thing I've considered (but not yet done) is using ScotchBrite to give the chrome a 'brushed stainless' look. I did that on several chrome components on my Harley and it worked very nicely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts