Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Can we please post are engine build dates for those of us who have the 5.0L coyote engine tick.

"This would be the tick when the engine is fully warmed up and that may go away after 2000 RPM"

My engine build date is 4/23/13 and I have the "tick"

Thank you all

Trent

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello all,

Can we please post are engine build dates for those of us who have the 5.0L coyote engine tick.

"This would be the tick when the engine is fully warmed up and that may go away after 2000 RPM"

My engine build date is 4/23/13 and I have the "tick"

Thank you all

Trent
So, exactly where is the engine build date located?

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
There should be a sticker on the driver side valve cover.

Thanks! My engine build date is 9/24/2013, with no 'ticks' of any kind, 41,800 miles and Mobil 1 5w30 every 3,000 miles since new...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have the sticker that tells me the engine build date but I just bought this 2012 GT yesterday (build date 02/11) and it definitely has the tick. I knew it did when I bought it. Although I was hoping it was just valvetrain noise or something till I heard it in person. It's a cylinder five rod knock. Very common on these cars. That front rod gets oil starved and the bearing spins. Oh well... bearings are cheap. I've come to terms with the fact that's what it is. I got the car stupid cheap because of that and a little front end damage.

I am less concerned with having to fix it and more concerned with making sure it doesn't happen again.

Anyone else been through it and fixed it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts