Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a 2014 Ford Mustang and have the sync/navigation/shaker system. I am wanting to install a backup camera and if possible just upgrade my radio system that has this feature; it can be an aftermarket radio (the point is that I just want a backup camera and better features). However I am not sure if this is possible and I've tried talking to Ford reps online and local dealers about this and can't get a straightforward answer. Let me know if this is possible or where I can go to get this checked out? Or if you have radio brands with backup camera capability that can be installed in my car.

Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
IMHO, the reason you can't get an answer is the existing system is so interconnected with other systems in the car that unless you are the engineers who designed it...you'll never know. I have warned a few people of this who gave it a go anyway..... in short.... 1 was successfull but 6+ others were not and it produced a lot of trouble shooting issues....IMHO...go with a separate system for the camera

·
Registered
18 Posts
Somebody posted a thread on how they did it... hopefully this link works...

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mish518

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
I actually put the stock Back up Camera on mine all it took was the Coastal Lock Pick and still works great.
Where did you mount the camera, and do you have Nav?

Reactions: mish518

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Where did you mount the camera, and do you have Nav?
The camera is in the Spoiler, I ordered it right after I bought the car. Basically the dealer that ordered the car didn't check that box for the glass roof and the back up camera the only 2 options missing from the V6 coupe order page so it has Nav. I wish it had cooled seats like the F150 does.
After I had the Spoiler painted and I mounted it I basically had almost a year to figure out what I needed for the harness and the plug to plug into it. I had a vibration in the doors when I had anything talking on the radio so I waited until it was out of warranty before I hooked it up. They never did figure out the vibration but I saw multiple post of people with the Nav having it and still have the Shelby Subs to put in the doors. Still debating on losing the chrome ring or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts