Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2014 gt premium has never seen rain,car wash,ect... stays in garage and only comes out on dry days. hand wash with spray detail and m.f towels, only 5000 miles on her.
i am lucky enough to have a beater d.d. ,but when my d.d dies the gt may have to take its place? hopefully not!
these hood vents look like they would let in alot of water.
and the hood insulation must get beat up also with water soaking it.
anyone having any issues? pictures? damage?
thank you

·
Registered
108 Posts
You should be fine I say should as it depends on if you have an aftermarket air intake or not some have had issues with aftermarket air filters getting wet from water getting the hod vent or vents although there are ways to prevent this. As far as stock you should have no issue Ford tested this extensively. For one thing when you drive there is a vacuume that is created that keeps water out. When the car is parked under hard rain you may get some water drops under hood but it won't effect anything. I was on the highway once in a huge rainstorm and after about 30+ min of driving I pulled into my garage and opened the hood to find it bone dry. By the way I have a 2013 GT.

·
Super Moderator
1,642 Posts
Mine Mustangs have been getting a lot of heavy rain lately (parked and driven) and there hasn't been any kind of an issue.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
my 2014 gt premium has never seen rain,car wash,ect... stays in garage and only comes out on dry days. hand wash with spray detail and m.f towels, only 5000 miles on her.
i am lucky enough to have a beater d.d. ,but when my d.d dies the gt may have to take its place? hopefully not!
these hood vents look like they would let in alot of water.
and the hood insulation must get beat up also with water soaking it.
anyone having any issues? pictures? damage?
thank you
Your car probably saw rain before you owned it, they sit outside at the factory and while they're waiting to be shipped. The vents are not a problem in the rain. My car looks brand new under the hood and it's seen a shitload of rain.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ZERO issue.... You should be more concern about dust and stuff messing up the detail in your engine bay... I might detail my engine bay after the games later today....

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's been a month or two since I clean it up and detail it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I actually cut out the underhood insulation around both vents to make them even more functional. Car wash is only time I have to put a towel over my JLT 9" open air filter. No biggie.

If your stock box do not worry about it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is no issue as long as you have the stock intake. With an open aftermarket intake I'd recommend using the JPC insert on the driver side vent or getting a prefilter sock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts