Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 GT with about 22K miles on it that for awhile now has had a stumble at idle that is most noticeable when the engine is warm. It hasn't set off the CEL, the throttle response is still good and the car otherwise drives normally. It doesn't sound like a traditional misfire where you can audibly hear a pop and feel the car shake, it's more of a "pfft" sound.

Is this something that I should be concerned about? I've run a can of Techron fuel system cleaner but it didn't change anything. Car is stock aside from Roush axleback and Pypes after-cat X-pipe.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Pull the plugs and see how they look. I had a slight stumble and changed the plugs. No more stumble. Mine has 28K miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually parked the car today for a few hours on an angle facing slightly downward and when I started the car it seemed to be misfiring/stumbling much more than normal. However, once I started rolling it seemed to clear itself and drove normally. Still doesn't trip the check engine light, and under load is perfectly normal. I'll pull the plugs and see what they look like.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My off idle stumble was caused by a dirty throttle body. As soon as I removed and cleaned it it ran like new.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Check the coil over plugs as well as the spark plugs. That was my problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts