1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Looks like it wants to be a Nissan-Camaro cross-breed. Can't say that I like it. But then that is only a concept drawing. I doubt the body will change at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks like it wants to be a Nissan-Camaro cross-breed. Can't say that I like it. But then that is only a concept drawing. I doubt the body will change at all.
i agree with you it does look nice but it would of been better if it was an original design not a replica of other cars

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hate the looks. Hate it. Just my opinion.. don't flame me.

However, a 500HP V8 is impressive. I don't care if they put a turbo 4 or sixer... I buy a muscle car such as a Challenger, Camaro, Mustang, etc. Because it's a V8. As some of you know, I switched to Ford about 7 months ago, and I LOVE it.

I hope they don't screw up my love affair. :yelwacko:

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I hate the looks. Hate it. Just my opinion.. don't flame me.

However, a 500HP V8 is impressive. I don't care if they put a turbo 4 or sixer... I buy a muscle car such as a Challenger, Camaro, Mustang, etc. Because it's a V8. As some of you know, I switched to Ford about 7 months ago, and I LOVE it.

I hope they don't screw up my love affair. :yelwacko:
500HP V8 is impressive but easily done. A hike in MPG's on a 500 horse V8, say 30 undisputed MPG @ 65-85 MPH would get my attention. I cannot afford to burn gas like there's no tomorrow, as with the 550 HP GT500's, and the GT's don't quite impress me enough as DD's, 412 horses or not. I'd view the V8's differently if I could afford a true toy. Sadly I'm stuck with one DD and nothing else. :sadcry:

With this in mind, I would like to see a 450+ HP V6 option in 2014 with an increase in MPG and the ability to compete with the current BOSS! :shigrin (I know, I dream too big). Turbo 4's can stay on the drawing board.

I love my V6, but LONG LIVE THE V8 HP WARS!!! Perhaps I will be able to afford a second Pony some day. :shiny:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thats not too big! Dream bigger!
The GTR spec V is a v6, and thats about a 550HP car.
The 2010 GTR is about 395kW or about 530HP V6 says wiki

Ferrari V8s are about 560 HP naturally aspirated.
And then theres the neat trick of getting it to the ground lol.!
Ford has a ways to go!

Back when mustang v8 were only 300 HP, it was a laughing stock.
It pretty much was just a nice sounding 300HP motor.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Im just curious to see if the next camaro concept will look more like the mustang now. :run_over::ahhhhh
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Sad.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That concept drawing is FUGLY as all hell...:blowingup:
I am considering trading up to the GT around that time frame, and if that is what I'd be stuck with, then I'd be looking elsewhere. :surrender:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Again ... I am very happy that I am getting a 2012 now .... That car certainly looks like a nice Sport Car .... but it is not a Muscle Car .....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Simple test .....

A simple test ...... Answer these 2 simple questions ... Be honest .. !!

Does this looks like a Mustang to you .. ???

Does this looks like a Muscle Car to you .. ???

(A Pony badge in front should not make the car ....)

·
Registered
169 Posts
In fairness, Mustangs are Pony cars, not Muscle cars.

They are supposed to be smaller and sportier.

I think it looks good in the picture, but very few cars end up like the concepts.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I like the fact my 2011 looks similar to the 65-68 Mustangs. This new one doesn't do it for me...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I saw this on facebook a few days ago and voiced my opinion that I hated it as well.. looks like some horrid euro-camaro love child.

looking at that makes me so happy that I decided not to wait another generation.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.