1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
13,237 Posts
Don`t forget, what goes around, comes around. By that I mean that when it comes time to trade these "Deals" in, the dealers are going to knock whatever the car is worth from the $30,000 figure, & not the $41,000 one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Don`t forget, what goes around, comes around. By that I mean that when it comes time to trade these "Deals" in, the dealers are going to knock whatever the car is worth from the $30,000 figure, & not the $41,000 one.
I just got one of those deals on the 2014 when I traded in my 2012 GT premium that had 4,700 miles on it. Funny thing is that dealer has my car listed for $30,900 which is about what I paid for it in 2011! I am sure it's part of the whole used car market game but still I didn't think that Boss shifter I added was worth that much. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was actually looking at that very car before going with a grabber blue model from another dealer instead. FWIW I think that car is already sold, your link must be an old one.

·
Registered
559 Posts
With a lot of deals out there, they will get you on your trade. It's best to go in without a trade.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I picked up an early 2014 GT last year around this time. Thought I got a great deal... guess not. lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same goes for those who paid $41,000! rage-smiley.gif

·
Registered
612 Posts
Not sure that's much of a deal. 29K for a base GT? I think people are getting premiums in that price range.
LOL at anyone paying $30K for a base GT nowadays.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
140 Posts
The ones listed at Ted Britt are crazy - about 9K off MSRP. I'd expect any new GT should be about 5K off since you can pick it up around invoice and Ford is offering 3K. I'd bet this dealer is assuming eligibility for ALL available rebates (Military, recent college grad, etc) but that's only about another 2K for all I saw listed. Even if it were only 7K off that would be a smokin' deal.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The ones listed at Ted Britt are crazy - about 9K off MSRP. I'd expect any new GT should be about 5K off since you can pick it up around invoice and Ford is offering 3K. I'd bet this dealer is assuming eligibility for ALL available rebates (Military, recent college grad, etc) but that's only about another 2K for all I saw listed. Even if it were only 7K off that would be a smokin' deal.

They actually add freight back in along with a $689.50 in other fees. So the selling price is closer to $27k for the one they have listed for $25,406. Still a great deal, below invoice. This is common for dealers in NoVa and Maryland to advertise cars minus the freight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my 2014 GT in August of 2013 and got it for $29,400 out the door with no trade in. The only option it has is the Automatic. I still feel like I got a great deal and have enjoyed the car for almost a year already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts