Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a 2015 Base GT. Love it! Didn't need the extras, however one touch of class in the new GT I am missing out on is the silver toggle switches next to the ignition button (Hazard, Steering Feel, AdvanceTrac, Mode).

Does anyone know the part # for this module? I assume everything will wire right to the back of the switches and I will be left with an orphan 'mode' button with no function since the only driving 'mode' on the base GT you can engage is Sport (still might throw on the ford racing torsen differential though!).

Do you know where I can order the part online - it doesn't look like it would be difficult to install. Am I wrong?

Has anyone done it yet?
If so can you tell me if it you were successful and how the wiring looks back there (its a roughly oval shaped piece)? I know one of you guys (or gals) must know the answer!

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got a Base model as well with the GT Performance Package and was surprised at the lack of the toggle switches. Personally I doubt I'll try to change them but good luck with it. I'll be interested to hear the details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seems many are surprised to see that the toggle switches only come with the Premium version. It did not help that pretty much every review and press release of the car was the Premium moddle praising the toggle switches for their visual effect. fact of the matter is unless you are willing to pay for the Premium you don't get them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same idea here

I also miss those toggles, didn't evcn realize until the test drive they weren't in the GT Base model?

Hope someone chimes in to let us know if this can be done. Would be much cooler looking.

Flaps

·
Registered
36 Posts
I too didn't know the Base model didn't come with the toggle switches. If I had known every detail the Premium Package came with, I would have coughed up the xtra cash for it. Bad move on Ford for not clarifying, but I can only blame myself. The PP was a must for me. I would be interested to see if any1 is able to add them into a base gt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up Base GT w/ Perf pkg. Love it, but you are right, they don't spell out clearly whats in the Premium pkg.
When you are taking a test drive and negotiating, hard to keep track of what you get and don't.

I was looking at the owners manual they gave me, and so much stuff is missing! But that engine...sweeeeet!
:wink:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
There is a guy making toggle switch replacements for the base cars.

That said I won't buy them, don't miss them, and never wanted them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts