Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 GT w/prem. pack and perf. pack. This is about the alarm/anti-theft system. I may be totally naive about this, but is the 2015 anti-theft system the same for all Ford vehicles? Or, is the Mustang different from others? I've asked three Ford techs at different dealerships if the system can be disabled, at least the interior alarm system. The question I got at each place was "Why?". Am I the only Mustang owner with a dog that I like to take with me? I doubt it. Leave the dog in the car, windows cracked of course and only in cool weather out of the sun, etc., etc. Lock the car with key fob or touch the door hanle pad. The dog moves around in the car and the alarm goes off. All techs say it cannot be disarmed and were all surprised that the dog set it off. HUH? What the heck is the alarm for on the interior if not to detect an intruder?

·
Registered
343 Posts
When you shut off the car you don't get the option to select between all sensors or perimeter sensing? I think if you turn it to perimeter sensing the inside motion detectors are turned off.

I'm glad you like taking your dog with you and I love my dogs. They will never see the inside of my Mustang though. I am way too OCD about my car for the dog hair. It would drive me absolutely nuts.

·
Super Moderator
2,860 Posts
Read the owners manual under car alarm and there should be a setting to turn certain things off if I recall.

If not though a simple fix I would think would work is to cover the two interior sensors up with a small piece of black tape or the like.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts