Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was torn between getting a new 2014 GT or waiting for the 2015. The more I see of the 2015, the more I think I made the right decision. I know what is out there at the moment are not actual pics of the 2015, but renderings. However, it seems sources from Ford are saying these renderings are about 95% accurate. So I suspect this will be the car you see when the 2015s come out:

I'm just not loving it. Starting to blend in with lots of other cars out there. Really don't like the lines of the front, and the back in particular. Starting to remind me of a Hyundai Genesis, Nissan Z. I can see those lines when I look at this rendering.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't know. I agree for the most part that it really seems to steal several design looks form several other cars. Every time I look at the small side window it reminds me of the Nissan GTR.

The fusion similarities that everyone points out I also agree with. I think most people are hit or miss on that one. They either support the unified look or they think the mustang should be out there on it's own in terms of design. I can see reasons for both.

I do however think it still has a mean look from the front even with the squinting headlights, just like the fusion. I also like that the interior is going to get an upgrade.

The rear I can't decide on. I need to see real pictures of it and probably a youtube video to make my decision on that.

Otherwise this is a mustang. I'm sure most people didn't like the fox body when it came out, but they wanted that 5.0 and because that 5.0 was bad***. So this is still a mustang and still a muscle car and still a pony car.

• Rear seats no one can fit in, CHECK
  • Cheaper than the euro cousins, CHECK
  • Looks sporty, CHECK
  • Lots O' power, CHECK
  • tons of options, CHECK
If I wanted a mustang with all of the nice toys and planned on making it a DD then the 2015 would be my choice. But I want the retro look and that is making me stick with the 2014 even with all of its faults (in comparison to the 2015).

EDIT**

Also the IRS is a nice upgrade too. Worth a few more bucks in my opinion

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the side and the rear, but that front end is not doing it for me. Grilles and fog light area are too big, and headlights are too small, just looks off.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Based on these renderings I'm glad I have my 13. Will have to wait to see the real car when it comes out to make a final decision.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I wish they could have made the front end look like this.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've driven Mustangs since 1972. On my 9th - a 2013 Black automatic - most likely the last new Mustang I buy if the renderings of the front end of the 2015 are accurate. Just does not grab me like the 2005 did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts