Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just a correction on my previous post. The embargo will be lifted 12:01 CET, which would be 6:01 AM EST.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I just went to Mercedes-Benz Luxury Cars: Sedans, SUVs, Coupes and Wagons and saw the new S550. I think they really messed-up on the pricing, $93K. There's no way I can afford that.
I am afraid you may be right about the design.....It's like looking at 5 "mid-size" cars without their badges...who can tell? However, the Mercedes pricing is right in the "sweet spot" of the Mustang - $29,900. So, would you rather have a Mustang or a Mercedes duh.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
so the December car and driver magazine the has pics and info on the 15 is not real .
was a rendering/drawing and not real. Was based on rumor plus spy photos of the heavily cladded Mustangs caught on the streets test driving

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a feeling that the 2011/2012 Stangs will always be my favorite year.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am afraid you may be right about the design.....It's like looking at 5 "mid-size" cars without their badges...who can tell? However, the Mercedes pricing is right in the "sweet spot" of the Mustang - $29,900. So, would you rather have a Mustang or a Mercedes duh.gif
You will never find a CLA on an M-B dealer's lot for 29,900.

Conservatively optioned, they will be 34-35K. Loaded up they push low 40s. That's a lot of money for a front drive, 4 cylinder car that doesn't come close to the Mustang in performance.

If you want that car to challenge GTs and maybe even the new turbo 4, you would have to get the AWD CLA AMG, which tops over 50 grand.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Leaked pics of 2015 Mustang.....

Not sure where to post this, hopefully a mod will move it to the appropriate spot.
Just letting you guys/gals know I just received the December issue of Car and Driver with an article inside on the new 2015 Mustang and some leaked pics of the actual car.
"A number of design cues will evoke the familiar design language pioneered by the Fusion, and the Mustang's new front end clearly has been influenced by the brand's Evos concept from the 2011 Frankfurt show".
I think it looks pretty cool, still retaining a lot of of the Mustang look pretty much,rear end look good too... but I let you guys check it out for yourself, don't want to spoilt it for any of you!
Overall, I think Ford did a good job bringing the Mustang forward, personally I'm not too keen on the front end flattened/Fusion look, and that grill material does not help matters, but that's my opinion.
Link: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yea,I think most of us had already seen the pics just waiting for the real thing to hit the lots so we can check it out in person.I know I want to see one up close.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yea,I think most of us had already seen the pics just waiting for the real thing to hit the lots so we can check it out in person.I know I want to see one up close.
...I agree with you Code Blue, nothing like the real thing right in front of your eyes! From a photographic standpoint, NO picture will fulfill the 3D effect your two eyes will convey....focal lenses above 100mm will create compression, anything above 150mm will add compression and distortion of plane rendering a very beautiful car as bulky, flat and above all 1 dimensional.
The human eyes has the ability to translate every curve, depth and line as the manufacturer meant it to be perceived. The closest we can get to a true car rendition, is if it was shot in a studio, with light manipulation in a lot of key areas to bring out the actual shape...

Now, walking down the street....and suddenly there is a 2015 Mustang parked there is what I am looking forward to seeing, then I'll pass judgement of what Ford designers rendered.

The Aston Martin front end has been one of the sexiest design cues I have seen in a long time...but bringing it all together is not going to happen with a cheap looking black plastic grill!

Aston Martin and Jag approached this the right way, true stainless mesh with fine detail in brushed finish, weather in a black or chrome...
plastic is cheap looking and counter productive to the overall effect.
I just have to wait and see!

·
Registered
168 Posts
If that turns out to be what it really looks like then I'm digging it. Love that front end....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'd like to make 3 observations.

1. The Date Ford has promised is 1 day before my birthday, so I'll take it as my birthday present...

2. Gran Turismo 6 actually comes out on my B-day, Yaye!

3. I am subscribed on youtube to 2 channels in particular (GTChannel and AmericanMuscle.com) and American Muscle posted the new proposed rendering of the new Mustang. well GTChannel posted a video of the LA Auto Show 2013 and the thumbnail of the Merc concept front end looks 98% exactly like the Mustang. The only difference is that the grill area of the Mustang is split in 2 by some fascia...

·
Registered
59 Posts
...I agree with you Code Blue, nothing like the real thing right in front of your eyes! From a photographic standpoint, NO picture will fulfill the 3D effect your two eyes will convey]

No doubt! Looking forward to seeing this in person.

Pretty sure I'll like it, not sure if enough to trade in my "12.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My kid goes to Kindergarten next September right when my 2012 gets paid off. I see a 2015 in my future if the track results are impressive. If it’s track performance is just a mild increase over the current GT then I’ll just hold off longer.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts