1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks like the current 13-14 and a fusion had a baby. This is the thing that frustrates me about much of the recent car design......nothing looks like an original concept anymore ie. c7, new viper, all the new lexus' with the same face. That mustang face looks like the current with fusion headlamps grafted, a fusionesque shape to lower portion of the grille, and a bigger foglight cutaway. Ford I don't care if it's drastically different, but make it original.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The mustang should always retain its own style instead of the cooperate front end. But, at least that front end seems to be kind of a compromise. Still don't like it

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You're correct re the 2013 viper. There's a lot of Gen II in the Gen V styling, including the return to the hood opening from the windshield, which was a pain. Many in the viper crowd preferred the more "in your face" look of the Gen II, but wanted the incremental bump in horses from Gen III to IV and a disappointing smaller one for the Gen V. You would think they could have massaged a few more horses from that huge V10, without going FI.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I like it!!!!

Kept the muscle car ques, thankfully. I was getting a bit nervous of all the fusion/prius/volt looking aero concepts.

·
Registered
727 Posts
To me it looks like an evolution of the current car. The front end/ grille are very similar. The headlamps are still covered and look funny.

I´ll wait til I see the real one undisguised. So far I like it.

For the most part, 99% of car brands share a lot of the design cues on all their cars. Audi takes this to the extreme because all their cars are identical...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not liking it at all. Seems like every car manufacturer gets a single hit with a car design then suddenly tries to make every car they make look just like it until people get sick of it. Or even better yet copy another manufacturer (KIA Optima --> Ford Fusion). I miss the old days when you could distinctly tell one car manufacturer/model from another.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm glad I picked up a 2014. I don't Hate the front bumper but the front fenders look off some how and I don't like the head lights at all.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Fusion headlamps and grill, ouch.....glad I got my 2014!!

·
Premium Member
6,080 Posts
So far so good, I guess. If it ends up really looking like this then I may have to consider waiting a few months to get a 14.5 or 15 instead of parking a 14 next to my 12:cooldude:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts