Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if deleting the resonator will make the car fail inspection?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I know it will make it very crackly... Put mine back in the next day! We don't have inspections here so I can't give any real input on that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I replaced mine with an h-pipe, sounds much better. A little raspy when it's cold, but once the motor warms up is sounds like a muscle car should. I like it.>:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's going to depend on the dB's your car puts out and if they even measure the dB's of the car at the emissions station. In Washington we have a 96 dB limit....but its never enforced. Every state has a Noise limit, but its rarely enforced

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's going to depend on the dB's your car puts out and if they even measure the dB's of the car at the emissions station. In Washington we have a 96 dB limit....but its never enforced. Every state has a Noise limit, but its rarely enforced
That's all we have here is a noise limit but it's usually not inforced unless you go down by the beach.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i've heard that the clamps that come with the FMS X-pipe kit are not strong enough and allows the exhaust to move around?

anybody else seen this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i've heard that the clamps that come with the FMS X-pipe kit are not strong enough and allows the exhaust to move around?

anybody else seen this?
I have not noticed any change in position or shifting since I had the delete kit installed. I've read complaints that the exhaust drooping but I think this might be due to people personally installing them. The delete kit is definitely a budget item and I assume most buyers installed the kit themselves. I took mine to a performance shop and I have had no issues.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's not that loud, not as loud as my 2012 was with the gt500 mufflers.

·
Registered
339 Posts

anybody else seen this?
Had mine installed at a muffler shop using the supplied clamps, no problems after 8 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts