·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
111 Posts
Car and Driver S550 render

If this is what the 2015 is going to look like, I'm trading in my 2006 GT!
It looks similar to the 2010+ but leaner and sleeker, with just a hint of Fusion. And the muscle car cab-rearward proportions are there-- equal amount of sheetmetal ahead of and behind the door, and nice short front overhang, and long rear overhang.

2015 Ford Mustang Leaked! 360º View and Full Details – News – Car and Driver

·
Registered
637 Posts
Good read. Wish they had it closer to the ground. Stance is still high.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks great. Can't mistake it for anything else but a Mustang. Don't know why so many people here whining about the new look.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I just spent a great deal of time looking that car over from the link...I really like it. It does look more European, which I don't think is really a bad thing...it obviously still keeps it's muscle car roots.

The hood looks great, the front end looks fantastic from the front and 3/4 shot...not the greatest from the side...but I guess it retains some of the raw "muscle" that way. The sloping rear end as well as the roof make it look very sexy. It's also about time they removed that hideous XM crap from the trunk and put it on the roof with a more tasteful "fin".

I wouldn't run out and buy one, though, as I'm interested in the heart of that beast...and if the powertrain options are going to trickle out over the years...that's when you should look at upgrading.

·
Registered
269 Posts
We'll I find it interesting that it will be 200lbs lighter an offer a 500hp coyote engine. I also find it interesting that they won't be releasing the 5.0 coyote with 500hp at first, but later in the year. If I was ford I would wait at least a year or release it right away, but what do I know. Also, weighing in at 3300lbs and having a 500hp engine will put you into TT2 in NASA racing instead of TT3.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Looks good. I don't like the tail lights though. I didn't like, and still don't like, the tail lights on my 2011 though and it wouldn't stop me from buying a car if it looked like that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If the car looks like that, there is a 100% chance I will be doing a trade in if indeed a 500 hp five o shows up in the showrooms.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Doesn't look too bad to me. It'll eventually grow on everyone.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Not digging it. But I doubt the actual car will look exactly like this.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Not digging it. But I doubt the actual car will look exactly like this.
Not exactly like that, but really, really close. A friend at Ford has seen the completed car more than once. He told me the C&D drawings may as well be it, it's that close.

It will not make 500hp in GT trim. Expect a slight bump, and I mean slight over the 2011-2013 5.0's but nothing dramatic.

In 2017 the special models will start coming out. Expect a higher HP NA motor in one car and a much higher HP FI motor in a GT350.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Not exactly like that, but really, really close. A friend at Ford has seen the completed car more than once. He told me the C&D drawings may as well be it, it's that close.

It will not make 500hp in GT trim. Expect a slight bump, and I mean slight over the 2011-2013 5.0's but nothing dramatic.

In 2017 the special models will start coming out. Expect a higher HP NA motor in one car and a much higher HP FI motor in a GT350.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.