Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ... First time post... I am in Canada, live in a rural area, and I have stored my baby every October til April. I believed that I was diligent in preventing mice (bounce sheets, moth balls and steel wool in the exhausts) from getting inside... until this year. I fired it up and heard some rustling in the area of the heater fan but it disappeared. I realized after that ... that my heater fan wasnt performing as it should (takes awhile to notice since you don't use it with top down). I took the blower motor off and the cage was full of mice nesting. An easy fix ... but I was wondering what the easiest and most reliable way to block the port of entry. On closer inspection... it looks like they were harvesting firewall material for the nest. Am I into a bigger problem than I realize? Thanks for any advice. I decided, after initially posting the one photo, to clean the cabin filter... lol
Hood Automotive tire Wood Plant Motor vehicle
Grille Font Rectangle Line Material property

·
Administrator
6,087 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

·
Registered
22 Posts
To me, major problem could be if mice eat some wires, that can make you have some trouble in the future, so check where mice was, try to find some rat poop under the hood (engine area) if everything is good, I wouldn’t be so much worried with the firewall material.

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
3,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Mice are destructive vermin. For now on I would put sticky traps and oldy time snap traps where you store the car. Maybe one or two inside the car on each floor mat as well. If everything works in the car then I wouldn't be too worried but I would take some spray cleaner to the blower housing before putting the blower motor back in.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
For now on I would put sticky traps and oldy time snap traps where you store the car. Maybe one or two inside the car on each floor mat as well.
Ditto. I put traps, moth balls, whatever I can inside car, in trunk and moth balls in the 4 corners of the engine bay when I put mine up for storage. Had a critter get to the F150 during the Covid shutdown and had to replace the main wiring harness, which took 9 weeks waiting since Ford was pretty much shutdown too. Replace moth balls in engine bay of F150 monthly. Ain't going thru that mess again...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts