Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys what’s up I need help like really bad Ford is trying to void my warrant because I can’t show any proof of me doing an oil change I bought the car 3 months ago from a shady dealership and the dealership is now wasting my time by not providing with an Invoice even doe they told me they did an oil change and the reason why I need that invoice it’s because Ford is replacing the engine and I can’t afford to buy one my self so I’m really sad and depressed because I really don’t know what to do, please help me if you can...

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
can you show them the date you bought the car, the mileage that was on it when you bought it, and use that to "prove" that it did not need an oil change while you had it?

or, ask the Ford dealer, why they believe the oil change (or lack thereof) caused the failure?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you show them the date you bought the car, the mileage that was on it when you bought it, and use that to "prove" that it did not need an oil change while you had it?

or, ask the Ford dealer, why they believe the oil change (or lack thereof) caused the failure?
Ok it’s an used mustang bought it at 55877 miles the the dealer ship told me they did an oil change on it now it’s at 59000 it’s still had 30% oil life I was planning on changing it until that the engine I think blow they said cause the oil wasn’t good I can’t temper they exact words

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
hmmmm . . . definitely a sticky situation . . . . it sounds like the shady dealer sold you a car that had its warranty voided due to lack of maintenance, and they did not tell you, most likely they told you the opposite (that it was still under factory warranty) so they basically lied . . . they sold you a car under false pretenses . . . but that is going to be very hard to prove

I guess the moral to the story is, never believe anything a used car dealer tells you

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmm . . . definitely a sticky situation . . . . it sounds like the shady dealer sold you a car that had its warranty voided due to lack of maintenance, and they did not tell you, most likely they told you the opposite (that it was still under factory warranty) so they basically lied . . . they sold you a car under false pretenses . . . but that is going to be very hard to prove

I guess the moral to the story is, never believe anything a used car dealer tells you
But it does have warranty but Ford doesn’t want to fix it until I could prove that they did maintenance on it

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
hmmm again . . . you might want to talk with a lawyer, here is the situation as I see it:
  • the Ford dealer is saying that the warranty is void, due to lack of maintenance, that happened before you owned the car . . . you might be able to fight this; I think Ford would need some reasonable proof that the warranty should be voided, such as bad oil test data, that they should share with you
  • the shady used car dealer who sold you the car, presumably told you that it had the remaining factory warranty . . .which turns out to be untrue, because the warranty was voided by something that happened before they sold you the car . . . if you have something in writing from them, that says it has the remaining factory warranty, then they might be on the hook for the repairs . . . but they will probably point to the 3,200 miles that you drove the car, and claim that is when the warranty was voided

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
But it does have warranty but Ford doesn’t want to fix it until I could prove that they did maintenance on it
Ford or any other ford lincon dealer can access the oasis program which will have all the history of that car in it.................. IMHO, go visit another dealer, and just explain that you need to get the maintenance records and the other dealer isn't cooperating

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Ford or any other ford lincon dealer can access the oasis program which will have all the history of that car in it............
but only if it was entered in the Oasis system; they definitely don't have any record of all the oil changes I do in my driveway

·
Administrator
13,343 Posts
How do you know that the engine is bad at 59000 miles? Is it knocking, smoking, what? Did you have the car inspected by a mechanic before you bought it? Ford, nor any other maker is going to warrant a vehicle that they don`t know the history of. That car could have been pulled from the bottom of a lake for all they know. Good luck though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can also check to see whether they have reported the oil change to Carfax, Autocheck or others.

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Maybe write them a carefully worded letter... ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,287 Posts
Run a carfax on your car. It pulls info from an assortment of databases not just what is directly entered in carfax. You'll often find dealership records on the reports. But it won't show personal maintenance activity. Its worth a chance.

You say you cant show proof you had the oil change. Did you change it? Or is the problem you cannot show the oil change history. Get a fax report. Hopefully it has the records you need.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
but only if it was entered in the Oasis system; they definitely don't have any record of all the oil changes I do in my driveway
Very true.... and back when I bought my Mark LT and do much of my own work, I inquired about that (since it came with a 4 year/50K bumper to bumper warranty) and was advised I need to purchase the oil/filter within 30 days of when the oil change is due, keep the original receipt for documentation and that will work. Most people wouldn't know to do that!

·
Super Moderator
8,287 Posts
Ford owners site used to allow owners to enter maintenance activities on that site but the past few times I logged on I noticed it has been revamped and I can't locate any records at all or where to enter maintenance actions. They were redundant records in the system as I have every receipt for every purchase with the date and mileage annotated. Im way out of warranty but dang, the thought someone who might still be under the B2B or an Extended Warranty Plan, goes to retrieve information and find out its disappeared is a little concerning. Yikes.

Reactions: Beechkid
1 - 14 of 14 Posts